Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tar and chip

Options
  • 03-10-2010 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here done a roadway with tar and chip? I have about 350m of a private roadway to my recently built house. Tar and chip seems to be the best and cheapest option for me at the moment. I know someone who has a lorry with a chip spreader on the rear and can do the chipping for me, and I know that there are a few companies out there that spray tar. Does anyone have any idea of how they charge and how much? Is it per meter or per gallon/Litre??

NOTE: I'm talking about companies that contract spray tar - not some fly by night company that operates out of the back of a hiace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jc500

I`ve got 450m of lane to tar and chip, council estimated 26,000 euro for same. can`t see why it costs so much, the base is fairly solid, all it needs is a little levelling, a few barrels of tar and some chippings. Not sure but I think they use cold emulsion asphalt.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Ballpark 7.50euro per m2 for tar and chip

Advertisement