Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some for C+C

• 03-10-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭

No theme here, just two photos I want some critique of.

B3DEAAFFEF9C46AE960DA44340B0D818-0000337079-0001938971-00800L-F2673A14D60C4CCBB13DE73334041C1D.jpg

I must admit that the only reason this is in b+w is that there was a streetlight beside it that put this orangey glow on it that I didn't like and couldn't get rid of.

5E4F425FA4064285AD455606680580EC-0000337079-0001862401-00800L-91A4812752B94CB6B46CD0E1D8C657AE.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

1st is kinda ruined by the angle. Its not dead on like the 2nd. Still good though.

The 2nd one is amazing. Composition is lovely.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I think I have seen photos of the first photo on the Random Photo thread before.

It's obviously a good subject for a photo.

The photo you have taken is good but lacks a bit of punch in terms of the Black and White tones.

The angle is also a bit off.

but a good photo overall.

In the 2nd photo you have to look at your exposure levels.

The Sky is totally white(blown out) as is the water under the bridge.
    You need to be able to keep some tones across the range of the photo.

but the idea and set up is good:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I agree, the first one is spoiled by the angle. It's also a little bit flat, could you tweak your curves a bit to add more contrast? I do like the second one though! The only problem is the water, it's a little bit overexposed. I thought the sky was too, but I think there is some highlight detail there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I have cropped and given it a (curves blast) to the 1st photo

I have probably overdone it a bit - but I think you can see that it grabs the attention more

2v0h5ya.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Thank you. I knew that the angle of the first photo would be commented on and it bothered me at first but now I kind of like it, as if it suits the building. I'm still learning to use GIMP so I'll try to throw some curves in.

For the second photo - there was literally nothing in the sky when I was taking the photo, no clouds, birds or anything. Would looking at the exposure bring some semblance of sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

get the high pass filter plugin for gimp too it is usefull for b/w conversion.

Advertisement