Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landcruiser Question re :GX

• 03-10-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy an 07 /08 Landcruiser... so apart from the whole Commercial/ Private Tax quandary, Whats the story with GX models versus non GX ? They all seem to be LC3/4 but some are GX and others not... is this an Irish Model / UK or Thailand job? Also any advice or pitfalls with the LWB LC3 Comm Landcruiser would be much appreciated .. (I think the 08 are ok as regards the injector prob??)... Anyway Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

95% will be GX (even if it doesnt say so on the ad) - the GL models are very rare but they stand out because they dont have alloys on them, just basic steel wheels like some of the sanyong rexton's.. AFAIK the injector prob was only an issue once the milage got close to 100K but not sure if / what year it was sorted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

The injector problem is to do with the seals on the injectors causing issues with the oil pickup in the sump starving the engine.

They can go well before 100k depending on service intervales and oil used.

Would be a good idea to clean out the oil pickup if you get one.

There's a big thread on this here: - http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

GL is a nasty poverty spec, also known as the "narrowbody" due to the lack of plastic wheelarches, roof rails and alloys and the addition of horrid black plastic bumpers. Not many were sold in Ireland. Then you have the GX, which is the "Normal" Irish spec. AFAIK, the LC3 and LC4 are UK specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Much appreciated-- Think I'm going to go with a LC3 LWB GX , whether an Auto or manual don't know yet ,I'm hearing conflicting views on both, some saying stay with the manual , its bullet proof.. and others the automatic its a better box and a dream to drive ? Have ye any thoughts on this ? Thanks again for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Horse1920 wrote: »
    Much appreciated-- Think I'm going to go with a LC3 LWB GX , whether an Auto or manual don't know yet ,I'm hearing conflicting views on both, some saying stay with the manual , its bullet proof.. and others the automatic its a better box and a dream to drive ? Have ye any thoughts on this ? Thanks again for the replies

I know people with both transmissions. One would never drive an Automatic Land Cruiser, but is always giving out about how it's so highly-geared in first if you're starting out with a laden trailer behind you. Another sold his manual commercial and bought an automatic passenger model, which he loves. The guy who bought the commercial from him has since traded it for an automatic commercial and says it's way better. Long story short, drive both, form your own opinion and trust that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

What's the difference lads between the Lc3 and lc4? Often bamboozled me:confused: Is it the back door or what.

The lads on here will know more than I will - but as far as I know the LC3 is the cloth interior the LC4 is leather and the LC5 is the fully loaded model with the touch screen info center in the dash -- LC3 can have all different combos too, some are automatic some have ac and/or park sensors and others pretty standard with none of the above .I think leather and AC is standard in the LC4 -- I could be wrong though, Im still looking and test driving at the min .. fuel consumption :eek: might be an issue , coming from a 49mpg vw passat ....

I think the back door, Kay has the spare wheel mounted on in it in the case of the L3, and stowed underneath in the LC4/5.

They are a fine job but fuel consumption is the pain. 26mpg no matter how ya look at it is heavy. Amazing comfort though.

26mpg !! Oh not good -- Is yours an Auto or Manual ? Presume the Auto would be the heavier on juice --- Some lads on the UK forum are chipping up to 204BHP and seeing some improvement in mpg -- If I could see 30mpg that would be easier to get head around -- 26 is about half what im getting now -- still ..nice wagon though ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'm getting 18 MPG. I do a lot of pulling and dragging though

• Advertisement

The manuals are rated at about 26 average. If yer pullin take 5 0r 6 off that again.

Advertisement