Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get a bus from claregalway to galway when going out?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Do people in claregalway have to get taxi's or is there like a private bus company that does runs from claregalway to galway at night? How much would a taxi be? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

I couldnt really find anything on that link just a bus from athenry to galway and thats no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You missed Burkes: Mon-Fri they have a service to Galway that leaves Tuam at 8:10pm, and picks up in Claregalway.

This may or may not suit, depending on what you think of a going out time.

Mr justMary occasionally gets a taxi to/from Claregalway and it costs about E20 (there's usually a bit less on the meter, he's in the habit of giving a tip 'cos he believe he gets better service that way). That's during the daytime though, have a feeling that rates are higher at hight.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

JustMary wrote: »
    Mr justMary occasionally gets a taxi to/from Claregalway and it costs about E20 (there's usually a bit less on the meter, he's in the habit of giving a tip 'cos he believe he gets better service that way). That's during the daytime though, have a feeling that rates are higher at hight.

Mr justMary might want to change the taxi he use's most I was ever charged was E17 but nearly alway they would just charge E15 day or night.

As for the OP there is a bus service but I think the last bus is around 20:30 if thats any help. If you check the Bus Éireann website it may give you more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

Ya it was the night time i was wondering about, thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement