Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

att mediums/sensitives etc in the leinster area

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

maccored wrote: »
    well, considering he has a beer festival stuck in him, maybe.

If that's the case he can afford to be introspective. It's cheaper.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

you know, I love scarcasm - but normally when its either witty or scathing. and also when its on the ball. Im afraid you missed out on all three. I want to hear from mediums, and Im not a hack nor involved in the media. Its a project that I am involved with - not mainstream media. Youve jumped the gun here as you havent a clue just what myself and the people involved are planning on. all because we happen to do it in October.

Well then why don't you enlighten us to the details of this project of yours.
    And for the record I am a medium/sensitive and consider myself a witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

as mentioned in the original post, anyone who wants to put their names forward need only to send me a PM. Its nothing dodgy, but at the same time Im not interested in spewing out our plans to all and sundry.

Same time, in the time since this thread has gone up, we've arranged to meet a few mediums this week so, as I say, anyone interested, feel free to drop me a PM but at this stage we *might* have it sorted.

maccored started this thread and now I have been pmed by Major Lovechild.
    Are ye working on this project together?

yep.

• Advertisement

So what is your experience with the paranormal?
    What type production is this?
    Where would it be aired?
    Who is funding the making of it?

am I applying for a job or something?

theres no problem being sceptical of what we're doing, but where do you think you;re going with the FBI questioning?

This is a community based project and its a pretty new idea, so Im keeping details for those who end up being involved in it. Im expecting the spanish inquisition to pop in any minute at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Had a giggle at some of the posts on this thread.. thanks guys!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

what are your intentions with my daughter medium!

• Advertisement

am I applying for a job or something?

No but you are asking people to put themselves in a situation which could expose them to abuse and ridicule depending on what you are planning on filming, how you are going to edit it and what editorial angle you are going to take, and you are asking them to go to an undisclosed location which could carry all sorts of risks.

theres no problem being sceptical of what we're doing, but where do you think you;re going with the FBI questioning?

Those were 3 very basic preliminary questions, the fact you are getting to het up about them being asked, indeed about any questions being ask would have me very concerned about dealing with you.

I am not a skeptic but you started a public thread about filming something and you won't give any production details, which says to me you don't see the importance of answering those questions and whole thing may be first timers and armatures of the highest order.

I'd have a lot more time for people who are upfront about what they are doing and why.
    This is a community based project and its a pretty new idea, so Im keeping details for those who end up being involved in it.

Which community?
    Im expecting the spanish inquisition to pop in any minute at this rate

The pm I got asked me for personal references and to list personal experience, what is the harm in asking you about yours?

If you are referring to the pm I sent - all I asked was:
    1:Are you available in October in County Kildare.
    2:How many years experience do you have

I asked nothing personal.

i dont know where you are going with this, really.

As Ive stated (repeatedly at this stage), info will be given to those who contact me about it via PM. You havent. Plus, as I mentioned, the position may well be filled at this stage so this whole thread is probably moot.

What does 'experience in the paranormal' mean anyway? I founded LeinsterParanormal in late 2003/early2004, I founded The Journal of Paranormal Research in 2010 in an attempt to find white papers to explain environmental reasons behind some paranormal experiences and in general Ive been on this forum for yonks (though I had to change my username after the boards hack). Ive been on more investigations than I care to mention and have been at this for quite a while.

What the hell my 'experience' has got to do with anything I dont know and why I should have to explain myself to you is even a bigger mystery.
    which says to me you don't see the importance of answering those questions and whole thing may be first timers and armatures of the highest order.

so you dont get the info you want (though you havent bothered following my advice on how to get that info) and you insinuate we're 'armatures'. Fair enough. Arent we all amateurs? Are there professionals in the paranormal field now?

Seriously - have some cop on here. Dont be expecting me to feel the need to tell you about this project - specifically since you aren't actually interested in it. I've said enough times so far that we're keeping details of this project quiet outside of the people who intend to be involved in it. Anyone else will hear the details once its ready. I dont know which part of that you dont understand, oh stranger on the internets.

I dont know where you're going with the imaginery point scoring here. Nice of you to completely f*ck up the thread though with your quite alarming agressive nature. As I said though, that makes no odds considering there's probably no need for this thread anymore anyway.

What does 'experience in the paranormal' mean anyway? I founded LeinsterParanormal in late 2003/early2004, I founded The Journal of Paranormal Research in 2010 in an attempt to find white papers to explain environmental reasons behind some paranormal experiences and in general Ive been on this forum for yonks (though I had to change my username after the boards hack). Ive been on more investigations than I care to mention and have been at this for quite a while.

What the hell my 'experience' has got to do with anything I dont know and why I should have to explain myself to you is even a bigger mystery.

Nice of you to assume that everyone who read this thread knows this already. I didn't, which is why I was asking, as it looked like to random people looking for someone to get in touch to be filmed.

so you dont get the info you want (though you havent bothered following my advice on how to get that info) and you insinuate we're 'armatures'. Fair enough. Arent we all amateurs? Are there professionals in the paranormal field now?

Boards.ie gets film makers, tv production staff and jurnos on all the time looking for people to take part in things, which is why I was asking who ye were and what type of production it was to be. Not unreasonable requests at all, and I have found anyone who can't be up front and civilly answer such questions tends to not know what they are at.

You answered eventually, why weren't you up front about who you are at the start of the thread then I wouldn't' have had to ask?
    Seriously - have some cop on here. Dont be expecting me to feel the need to tell you about this project - specifically since you aren't actually interested in it. I've said enough times so far that we're keeping details of this project quiet outside of the people who intend to be involved in it. Anyone else will hear the details once its ready.

I have found that when getting involved with such project, who I am working it is usually a far more important factor then where it's happen or what the premise is. I was interested, and wanted to know who was running it. Shame that I was meet with hostility when I asked reasonable questions.

I dont know which part of that you dont understand, oh stranger on the internets.

Yes you are a stranger to me, hence wanting to know more about you and what you do before agreeing to take part.
    I dont know where you're going with the imaginery point scoring here. Nice of you to completely f*ck up the thread though with your quite alarming agressive nature. As I said though, that makes no odds considering there's probably no need for this thread anymore anyway.

If you have a problem with my posts report them.

I asked questions, you didn't want to answer them, you refused to give any details, which made me suspicious and then you tell me I fúcked up your request and have tainted your project?

Not my fault you and your friend too the approach you did on the thread and assumed people would know who you are, what reputation you had did not proceed you and you know have one for not answering reasonable questions.

i have no problem answering questions, as I said via PM. You seem to have been ignoring that bit.

i have no problem answering questions, as I said via PM. You seem to have been ignoring that bit.

You didn't pm me, Major Lovechild did, unless that is an alt account of yours.

no. i said i have no problems answering questions via PM. I said that at the start. anyone interested PM me.

Really, drop this. Or make your point, one of the two. I havent brought my handbag today so I cant be arsed with pointless, stupid arguments about things I dont understand.

Yup you don't understand and I dont' have the time to waste trying to explain to you.

In the best interests of fair play, I will answer any questions that you have.

Shoot!

why is the world round?

• Advertisement

where is my handbag?

In the best interests of fair play, I will answer any questions that you have.

Shoot!

I wouldnt call it 'fair play'. I would call it being a response to someone bullying for information.

considering for all intents and purposes we dont actually need this thread anymore, and also since Im completely fed up with Thaedydal's bulldog like attitude, I'm bowing out of this thread.

1. The world isn't round - it's flat and bendy.

2. My spirit guide Bono says your handbag is in the conservatory next to the aspidistra.

Thanks Major Lovechild how about some answers to the questions I posed please.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    So what is your experience with the paranormal?
    (ie are you in a group or is this your first attempt at this)

What type production is this?(webtv, or local tv or a full on production compay)

Where would it be aired? (again local or national ect)

Who is funding the making of it? (is it a homebrew thing or a production company

They are pretty generic questions, and just give some feel for what your at and what level.
    That is all I wanted to know and I was interested other wise I wouldn't have been arsed asking questions.

Oh and it was stated it was a community project, which community?

Q:So what is your experience with the paranormal?
    A: This has already been addressed by my learned colleague maccored.

Q:What type production is this?(webtv, or local tv or a full on production compay)
    A: All of the above.

Q:Where would it be aired? (again local or national ect)
    A: This will be determined by market forces.

Q:Who is funding the making of it? (is it a homebrew thing or a production company
    A:It will be joint funded by myself and the I.M.I.U.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Funny how this is never asked in February.
    Every media outlet want to do something spooky this time of year and as
    parading witches is no longer the done thing, we get every hack wanting to hear from mediums and those involved in the parrots normal.
    You are mistaken. Mediums are used on TV all year. Be it on Living and so on.

Yes but rarely in irish media or media played on irish out lets.

Thanks for answering the questions Major Lovechild.

Not my fault you and your friend too the approach you did on the thread and assumed people would know who you are, what reputation you had did not proceed you and you know have one for not answering reasonable questions.

I know I said I'd let this lie, but at the same time please dont blatently misrepresent our intentions here.
    assumed people would know who you are, what reputation you had did not proceed you

neither of us made any such assumptions. We simply asked anyone interested contact us. You started fapping about in this thread but you NEVER contacted us for details. this IS your fault.

• Advertisement

I asked in this thread and you didn't answer my questions, you ranted at me for asking and then mention what you do.
    You made a mess of this, I have no idea why on earth you got so exasperated at being asked questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement