Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11: Bug List

Options
  • 03-10-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭

Thought we could use a thread to list any bugs we come across.... or any work arounds, so others don't run into them..... suppose we can post these on the "community" forum at some point too.

Is anyone else having problems with their virtual pro? If i change mines appearance (boots, sleeve length, etc), and save it, go back to the dashboard, and then reload FIFA again, all the changes I've made are undone.

Also, I have done a load of accomplishments (such as 4 star skill moves in the arena, and scoring 5 free kicks), go back to the dashboard, and I have to go do them again. They just won't save.

My pro was on 75 overall yesterday, and today he is back at 72 :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

In Career Mode, playing as Manager, I was managing Celtic.

Anyway, I checked the calendar and there was one game left, it was matchday 33, I played the match, and at the end Andy Gray said something about it being the last game of the season, I was 4 points ahead of Rangers (I had 82, they had 78 but there was no trophy celebration.

Then, when I got back to the menu, I click on ADVANCE, and suddenly there was another 5 games to be played in the league. I played them all, and should have gained around 10 points, but the league table didnt change at all, the Games Played column even stayed the same.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

There's loads of little bugs and errors in the game. Very sloppy for a final release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

emmetmcl wrote: »
    In Career Mode, playing as Manager, I was managing Celtic.

Anyway, I checked the calendar and there was one game left, it was matchday 33, I played the match, and at the end Andy Gray said something about it being the last game of the season, I was 4 points ahead of Rangers (I had 82, they had 78 but there was no trophy celebration.

Then, when I got back to the menu, I click on ADVANCE, and suddenly there was another 5 games to be played in the league. I played them all, and should have gained around 10 points, but the league table didnt change at all, the Games Played column even stayed the same.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Exact same thing that happened to me. Same team aswell. Doesn't the league finish in May though?. Because the bug occurs around April :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Batesy wrote: »
    There's loads of little bugs and errors in the game. Very sloppy for a final release.

This. It's a cracking game imo.. but all the little glitches just make it look terribly unfinished.

Most of the bugs etc i've seen have been visual, ie I was playing just before, and the stadium roof was all over the place. Was watching the celebration in another game, and just as it ended where it says the goal scorer etc, there was a massive camera right in the middle of the screen.

Hopefully these things can be fixed relatively easy and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Playing a match and the games freezes for a secord every now and again. I cant make my goalie pro save set pieces in the arena it always changes to a different keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the games a joke , how can ea release a game with so many flaws and bugs.

1) loading time is ridiculous
    2) game freezes constantly even on manager mode when its not online.
    3) pro clubs are just totally *****d.

the games a polished version of last year, no new proper game modes or features bar be a goalkeeper, this whole passing system is a joke the ping pong passing is still there just a lazy effort by ea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Three head to head games I've had to quit in a row now because it freezes. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Also, I have done a load of accomplishments (such as 4 star skill moves in the arena, and scoring 5 free kicks), go back to the dashboard, and I have to go do them again. They just won't save.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Finished off my last three arena accomplishments, Lob the keeper from outside the box, score from 32 yards and score a long range volley before I went training. Came home and went to load up again and I had to do them again as they hadn't saved for some reason and now for the life of me can't score from 32 yards or the volley :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

gamercfc wrote: »
    Exact same thing that happened to me. Same team aswell. Doesn't the league finish in May though?. Because the bug occurs around April :confused:

the season finishes differently in Scotland to most leagues....

in mid april the top 6 teams all play each other once more so the game probably thinks its the last game and then the breakaway teams have to play eachother once more...

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I can't get the 5 head to head matches without losing achievement because I keep getting disconnected or the game freezes before I get to the 5th match :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Thought we could use a thread to list any bugs we come across.... or any work arounds, so others don't run into them..... suppose we can post these on the "community" forum at some point too.

Is anyone else having problems with their virtual pro? If i change mines appearance (boots, sleeve length, etc), and save it, go back to the dashboard, and then reload FIFA again, all the changes I've made are undone.

If you have a bad game you loose points and also depends on your positiion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

jamescd wrote: »
    I can't get the 5 head to head matches without losing achievement because I keep getting disconnected or the game freezes before I get to the 5th match :(

I went five unbeaten. No quiters either and the the achievement never registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Whats the story with club? Presume they are going to have a look at it. We were having awful problems last night.

People getting kicked out right before the game started, but there pros would still be in the game. People randomly getting disconnected from the EA server for no reason mid-match. Dressing room freezes after every match for one lad. And the lag being so bad (4-5 seconds) that I didn't even realise I was actually in control of my pro at all.

If you have a bad game you loose points and also depends on your positiion

You lose overall points for your player? Hmmm, didn't know that.

Although, the accomplishments were definitely the problem. I took a before/after screenshot of the accomplishments page, sure enough when I'd turn back on my xbox, I'd lost a load, and his appearance.

Whats the story with club? Presume they are going to have a look at it. We were having awful problems last night.

People getting kicked out right before the game started, but there pros would still be in the game. People randomly getting disconnected from the EA server for no reason mid-match. Dressing room freezes after every match for one lad. And the lag being so bad (4-5 seconds) that I didn't even realise I was actually in control of my pro at all.

Had a lot of problems with the club game last night too. A couple of times the lag got so bad that I ended up just running my pro off the pitch and nearly into the stands before I could regain control of him and then later on I got kicked about halfway through the first half of a game because I got randomly disconnected from the EA Servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Playing a mate online last night. He made a sub at half time, when I was tipping off guess where the keeper was................:D

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40212117

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Frisbee wrote: »
    Had a lot of problems with the club game last night too. A couple of times the lag got so bad that I ended up just running my pro off the pitch and nearly into the stands before I could regain control of him and then later on I got kicked about halfway through the first half of a game because I got randomly disconnected from the EA Servers.

Same thing happened to me and passing is difficult with lag

Apparently if a club quits, they game is void (same as Ultimate Team 10, no doubt they will try to pass this off a "design decision" and not a bug). Thats clubs completely ruined for me, if true.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/17098.page

The commentators refer to Sebastien Squillaci of Arsenal as 'Engelhart' constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The commentators refer to Sebastien Squillaci of Arsenal as 'Engelhart' constantly.
    actually noticed that myself, was giving out because I thought the guy playing against me had a be a pro player :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭damul

Today when playing an offline exhibition match one player couldnt make subs, it just said all subs were made, then later on in the game some players became invisible before the game froze completely and xbox controllers wouldnt even function to get back to home screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the games a joke end of its crazy how its allowed to be released with so many faults its not value for money

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was playing arsenal today in career mode and the arsenal team were invisible,I only had two players on the pitch,I'll post up the video to show,its crasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

In career mode, the Cups draw you against the team next to you alphabetically all the time :pac:

Voltwad wrote: »
    In career mode, the Cups draw you against the team next to you alphabetically all the time :pac:

I'm Sheffield Wednesday, but I was drawn against Bradford City. I think the draw just isn't random, its always the same teams who get paired together. United always get Leeds, etc.

David Rutter actually replies to tweets...

GG EA!!

Weeez fixd tha izzus 'nd tha flagz glitchez. Evrytin iz wokrin brilyantleez!

Then why in the hell do I keep losing connection to the servers? I 'lost connection' to the servers mid bloody game just then. Once I was able to connect to the servers, 5-10mins later, I suffered a 3-0 loss from that match. How the hell does that work!?

I didn't lose connection to the server, the server lost connection to me.

Btw, the 'fixing' of the flag exploit may be great & all, but considering that the majority of your customers (yes, WE are YOUR customers & YOU are selling a product) play the game properly, why should we ALL suffer from YOUR coding issues, which has been exploited by a minority group, to gain an advantage?

Surely, with all the $$$$$$$ made (apologies if the amount of $ signs is not correct), you would have a system to ban/reset the stats of the people who are exploiting the system?

Or, maybe that was to hard?

"Hit the big red button, Johnny!!!"
    "It's the only way, not to mention, the easiest."

Posted on EA forums.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That was in Fifa 10 too! I had Sevilla in the Boards league and was wondering wtf was going on. Strange that it would happen in two iterations of the game!

Wiki Edit: Sébastien Squillaci (French pronunciation: [sebastjɑ̃ skilatʃi]; born 11 August 1980) is a French footballer who plays for Arsenal as a centre back. He has been known as 'Sébastien Englehart' in commentary on the UK versions of the FIFA Series since FIFA 09[2]

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Only annoying thing for me is the headset problems with the pro clubs. All club members on Nat 2 or 1 and not all of us are able to hear or speak to each other without problems. And then Stephen Hawkins keeps trying to talk when we are playing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Had to play Man City in the league who were 3 points ahead of me, I beat them and afterwards they were still on top by 3 points, it didnt register the points at all:mad: Also most of the time when I have to play a team in the cup I have to play them right afterwards in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Mostly visual bugs so far.

When the game cuts to a movie (while either team makes a substitution) the players change appearance, ie Nani would blink and change to Fletcher, really weird. Its not bothering me but doesnt instill a lot of confidence in the developers.

Last year I went 5 years with Fulham and built a strong team and was gunnig for the title and it froze and I couldnt go on.

It really is hard to believe how they can get away with this. Why arent we all asking for a refund? That will wake them up.

Advertisement