Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Tullamore stores

Options
  • 03-10-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm helping my brother decorate his house over next few weeks and was wondering where's the best places to look for interior paints, flooring (laminate wood and tiles) and furnishings etc

It's a small house and on a very tight budget!
    Just wondering what places offer the best range and value. I've looked on-line but you can't beat word of mouth!

I know it's a very general question and covers a few areas of interior design but if you have any recommendations or know of any sales happening in Tullamore I'd love you to share!!!

I live in galway so will only be down the odd day and he's always working so doesn't have much time to go looking around himself

Any info would be very much appreciated

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

We just totally ripped our house apart and I'd recommend
    - Walshes (in cloncollig, its next to expert) for tiles, floors and doors.
    Theres a guy in there called the red, and he always gives a good deal, especially if youre buying a lot.
    - Castle Paints (near walshes) for paint.
    - Boltons (In the Mall, across from AIB) have a 70% sale on stuff at the moment. Fantastic stuff.

For furnishings, we went to arramount

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I see from your post you live in Galway, have you had a look at www.budgetpricetiles.ie they seem to have a nice range of stuff to suit everybody's pocket. I'm not 100% sure but I think the owner worked in Coens in Tullamore many years ago.

For the paint I'd have to agree Castle paints, very reasonable.

For doors Ganly's in Athlone or Heavin's close to the college in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

cheers guys appreciate all the info

we ended up ordering flooring/tiles/doors from what I can only describe as the most bizarrely located shop I've ever seen, it's like a big old warehouse with 2 showrooms up past Clonaslee

I actually thought my brother was joking as we were driving up this tiny narrow mountain road!:D but great value and lovely staff

Still loads to do yet so will look into shops ye suggested

Cheers:)

Advertisement