Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: The Wind Waker

Options
  • 03-10-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I started playing Wind Waker last night for the first time. I picked up a condition on eBay some time ago. It is the special edition with the other Zelda game included and is in great condition.

I was really surprised by how good the graphics are in Wind Waker. I love the cartoon style of it. I've only played about 15 minutes and I plan on going back to it (depending on how addicted I get to PES 2011 later this week).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

It was a great game but the sailing and wind direction changing gets very repetitive after a while.

Some people were not fans of the cell shading, but for a game that's nearly 8 years old the graphics have held up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    It was a great game but the sailing and wind direction changing gets very repetitive after a while.
    I'm about to finish this (just at Ganon) and while I loved the game changing the wind direction is a pain in the tits and the sailing sections can be dull to the point you can set a course and just wander off and let the ship sail on until it gets where you're going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stylised graphics will next get old. Wind Waker will be a gorgeous looking game in 50 years time while Halo and Call of Duty will look ugly as sin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Its a fantastic game and the visuals are perfect, each and every character design is perfect. However all the sailing becomes very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Wind Waker had absolutely amazing art direction, visually it's one of my favourite games ever. The character designs are indeed perfect in it, take this guy here as an example, Salvatore!

zelda-salvatore-papercraft.jpg

He looks as though he completely hates his job, life and everything around him, but as soon as he picks up one of his cut-out painting and acts out the various roles in his mini-game he becomes so happy and playful. It's hilarious, and animated perfectly. It's seriously one of the funniest things I've ever come across in a game. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wind Waker had absolutely amazing art direction, visually it's one of my favourite games ever. The character designs are indeed perfect in it, take this guy here as an example, Salvatore!

zelda-salvatore-papercraft.jpg

He looks as though he completely hates his job, life and everything around him, but as soon as he picks up one of his cut-out painting and acts out the various roles in his mini-game he becomes so happy and playful. It's hilarious, and animated perfectly. It's seriously one of the funniest things I've ever come across in a game. :p

Kaboom!!!

Sploosh!

Advertisement