Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking Water

Options
  • 03-10-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people do in regards to the water in Laois.

What do you do? 40 votes

Drink Water Straight From Tap
    0% 0 votes
    Filter Tap Water With A Water Filter
    40% 16 votes
    Use Built In Water Softener With Salt
    30% 12 votes
    Buy Bottled Water
    10% 4 votes
    Other
    20% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

Britta Filter works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

We've a water softener that came preinstalled in the house under the kitchen sink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Straight from the tap for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Straight from the tap although I know some parts of town have fairly bad water.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Have an american fridge with a water dispenser, change the filter around twice a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

We had to buy a water filtering system and get a maintenace service every year.

I tell you if these fookers try and bring in water charges I'll be writing to every TD, Councilor, etc. and telling them I'm not paying for 3rd world quality of water....which it would be without the filtering system.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I'm on my own well. Just had the water tested a month ago, and in general the quality is excellent, but the hardness is over twice the recommended level. We put the drinking water through a Brita filter and soften the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Currently use a water filter for Brita. However for years we used to drink the water straight and I don't think it did any harm. That said our water seems to be different than that found in town (live 2 miles outside), the town water tastes fierce and the lime is unreal.

I won't be happy if they bring in Water Charges, put it that way, unless they can seriously prove that it will in any way improve the quality of the water.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

been drinking portarlington town water straight from the tap for 33 years.. never had any problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The water quality has been getting worse. I use a filter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bonnie Potts

I've seen what it does to my kettle and washing machine, i certainly won't put it into my body! Sometimes it comes out brown and it doesn't taste good. :eek:

Advertisement