Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung BD-C5300 connecting to WiFi

• 03-10-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I got a Samsung BD-5300 Bluray player that has an Internet@TV service that allows it to play Internet content over a network link.

It has a USB port on the front and the manual recommends an 802.11n dongle for connecting to WiFi.

Now there is a samsung one recommended, but it says that it will handle B/G and N.

Now, I have tried two different .11g dongles and one generic .11n dongle and under network the only option that shows up is wired network connection the Wifi option, as it says in the manual never appears.

Anyone any experience of these things or similar?

Do I need the Samsung specific dongle?

Cheers,

A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

No answer to your specific question but I see HMV are selling this player with 6 bundled blu-ray discs for €112. Harvey Norman are charging €149 for the same one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I got a Samsung BD-5300 Bluray player that has an Internet@TV service that allows it to play Internet content over a network link.

It has a USB port on the front and the manual recommends an 802.11n dongle for connecting to WiFi.

Now there is a samsung one recommended, but it says that it will handle B/G and N.

Now, I have tried two different .11g dongles and one generic .11n dongle and under network the only option that shows up is wired network connection the Wifi option, as it says in the manual never appears.

Anyone any experience of these things or similar?

Do I need the Samsung specific dongle?

Cheers,

A

You need the specific Samsung one (or at least I did for one of their TVs). In the end though, I found that Powerline networking was much more reliable and is a lot faster. That could be due to the layout of the house though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

You need the specific Samsung one (or at least I did for one of their TVs). In the end though, I found that Powerline networking was much more reliable and is a lot faster. That could be due to the layout of the house though.

Good point mate, hadn't thought of that!

Cheers,
    LD

Advertisement