Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible infection??

Options
  • 03-10-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

heya guys just looking for a bit of advice is there a reptile vet in limerick? i think my beardie has an infection, at first i just thought it was brumation cos she just wasnt moving at all for around 3 days she just stayed on her tree, i washed her last nite and litterally sqeezed a poo out of her(it was half hanging out) and one of the lads from the local petmania, said it could be constipation, just looking for input from other owners and hopefully the location of a reptile vet. Ive attached a pic of spike's well backside for all its worse just for opinions, sorry if the pic offends

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Not sure on reptile vets, but it does sound a bit like constipation or a minor case of impaction. One of my beardies got impacted and I let him sit in a bowl of warm water while I syrgined vegetable oil into his mouth. Thankfully he managed to pass it before too long. What temperature is it in the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

hot side is 100 degrees for basking and cool side is about 80-85

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brian_gargiulo

yes iv had the same problem with my bearded dragon , and for me it was the diet i was feeding him to much veg and that will happen so i tryed feeding him locous instead of crickets as he'd only eat 3-4 crickets and then i'd have to take out rest after a hour. i dont see it in many forums but i think the time of year can also have a affect on reptiles as in summer my room would be room temp with out house heating compaired to the heating beening on with all his lamps and mats i found temp in tank was nearly 90 degress on both sides of tank , (dont no if this will help)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

thanks for all your replies guys..unfortunatly spike was dead this morning when i got up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Sorry to hear that caspa.... :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement