Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Market?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a poster at Greystones Dart station last week about a french Market - the poster is now gone - does anyone know any details?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I think it is the market outside the Beach House at the weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Think that was on last weekend in the Meridian Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

It was outside the Beach house today

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was outside the Beach house today
    I think that market is entirely separate - I think this French one is on Mondays and Wednesdays - The poster at the Dart station was really confusing but I think it said regularly on Mondays and Wednesdays in the meridian - but it was really vague

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

What's the difference between the normal market and the french market?

• Advertisement

What's the difference between the normal market and the french market?
    the venue? Possibly what they sell

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

if it's the one outside the beach house yesterday i was there. The sellers were foreign, didn't notice what nationality. I Got spicy cashew nuts, gone off. And olives, almost gone off, not wrinkly but definately over salty. Not as bad as tesco olives mind. Won't be rushing back though.

dr ro wrote: »
    if it's the one outside the beach house yesterday i was there. The sellers were foreign, didn't notice what nationality. I Got spicy cashew nuts, gone off. And olives, almost gone off, not wrinkly but definately over salty. Not as bad as tesco olives mind. Won't be rushing back though.
    Its not the one outside the beach house

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The French market is the one outside the Beach House with sellers from Northern Ireland and Wales.

The Meridian Market is the one with french sellers.

Confused?

The French market is the one outside the Beach House with sellers from Northern Ireland and Wales.

The Meridian Market is the one with french sellers.

Confused?
    do you know anything else about the market at the meridian - is is every Monday and Wednesday?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

Seems to be a load of confusion on this thread.

The market ourside the Beach House is just a regular market every Sunday. Nothing to do with the French Market that was advertised a few weeks ago. I think someone above me confirmed this already, not sure.

The Meridian Market that used to be on last year every weekend during Spring/Summer (?? I think) is no longer running.

The actual French Market the OP asked about (that was advertised a few weeks ago) is part of a group that tour the country. The poster at the station had the following link and from it, you can see when it is back to the Meridian, plus where else it will be running......http://www.frenchmarket.ie/index1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So it seems to be:
    Mon 11th to Wednesday 13th October 2010 - Greystones - Meridian Point

Advertisement