Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite hangover food

Options
  • 03-10-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

another sunday with a hangover. waiting to have some good chilli. when i'm hungover i love to have anything with meat. and of course my lovely can of coke.

what do ye love to have when your hungover to make the pain go away??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Carbs. Anything really carby. I usually start my day with toast, lunch usually involves some kind of potato, and I'd probably have Chinese food or something in the evening. Fizzy drinks help a lot too. And copious mugs of tea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Spaghetti Hoops on toast :D Just the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

crisps and copious amounts of them, skips, meanies, wheelies, chickatees - aparently the cheaper the better!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

oh twee. spagetti hoops on toast is totally yum. must try that myself sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

If im on the go it has to be a bottle of Lilt and a pack of meanies

If im at home its sausages and beans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sbhomebird

Love to have a sunday roast,with loads of mash... the problem is, I'd never be able to make it with a hangover, so usually start with white bread toast..v strong black tea with loads of sugar .... as this gets rid of nausea...

Then bribe DH to go to McD's.. big Mac,fries and curry sauce... hangover boxed off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Fried egg and blackpudding sandwich with a diet coke. It has carbs, protein and grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well mainly anything made from carbs. Possibly with an egg involved.

Or really spiecy slurpey noodles. Nothing like heat to get that hangover kicked!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I often feel like I've poisoned myself if I've had too much beer the night before so I try to replace all the good stuff I destroyed. I usually make a chilli or a curry from scratch with every piece of veg I have thrown into it. I always feel better after it too. Or soup! Lentil and tomato soup is good because it's so easy and not too taxing if you're feeling lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,049 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I crave chicken when I'm hungover, preferably fried.
    Good black pudding too.

I agree with the lentil soup too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Black pudding is actually amazing with a hangover. I remember being down in West Cork last year with a group of friends for a friend's birthday. The next morning, one of the lads undertook the task of cooking us a fry. I actually couldn't wait for the black pudding. I stood by him for the whole time attempting to make sure I'd have dibs on it. And I did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Jeez, 11 answers and nobody said more beer.

More Beer!

If beer is out, then bacon, eggs, sausage, tomato, beans, chips, cuppa tea and two rounds of toast. Preferably in a greasy spoon cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I love Ice Cream when i'm dying with a hangover

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Pub carvery washed down by more booze :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Regardless on where i am the morning of the hangover, i go to a shop, chicken roll and 2 bottles of coke. :D
    Works a charm ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ham cheese and onion toasted sandwich with a packet of pickled onion crisps and pepsi max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

The biggest greasyist fry up with a nice cuppa tea! Or a giant takeaway! Everything has to be giant sized :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭cosman9373

Greasy fry works well.

Love egg and cheese toasted sandwich, you know one of those toasted sandwich machines, grated cheese, whisked egg poured on top and some salt and pepper. yum!!

oh yeah and buckets of tea, coffee and coke

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Tomato juice, a glug of dry to medium sherry in it, and enough Worcestershire Sauce to turn it slightly brown. Sounds awful, works, every time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Best for a hangover is undoubtably a decent full Irish. Decent rashers, pudding and sausages are a must but the jewel in the crown is the egg. A bad egg ruins the breakfast so make sure to get an egg that suits your taste. A nice runny fried egg is good for me so I can dip my sausages in it.
    No beans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgt.Peppers

egg sambo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Super split ice cream and a few bottles of lucazade sport followed by whatever stoggy crap I can whip up from whatever's in the fridge. If there's left over pizza, all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

There's hangover food, and the morning after drinking food. These are entirely different entities for me.
    The morning after drinking, not suffering, but a bit worse for wear - a big fry.
    Hungover - pandy. Mash, chopped up left over roast chicken, a load of gravy like only my mother can make it - all mixed up in a soup bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Can't believe nobody has said McDonalds yet. Large big Mac meal with a strawberry milkshake, yum yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

salt and vinegar hula hoops, bottle of diet 7up, and if i'm feeling up to it, then a wrap with bbq sauce, ham, cheese and pineapple...unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I often feel like I've poisoned myself if I've had too much beer the night before so I try to replace all the good stuff I destroyed. I usually make a chilli or a curry from scratch with every piece of veg I have thrown into it. I always feel better after it too. Or soup! Lentil and tomato soup is good because it's so easy and not too taxing if you're feeling lazy.

I'm a bit like this! Want to eat healthy. I usually get a craving for fresh fruit as soon as I get up so will make a big fruit salad with yoghurt and granola, mmmm!

But I'm not beyond having a pizza by evening time too though ;) One of those nice fresh ones from Marks with yummy toppings.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

pizza pizza and more pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

A lot of the time I just go on a Powerade or Lucozade buzz.
    However, a block of Vanilla Ice Cream in good old fashioned Red Lemonade can be a right winner!

If I'm in any way mobile, I'll put together something spicy like a chili with plenty of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Cant beat the simple - toasted banana sandwich and a pint of coke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

A roll from spar--Hot chicken,cheese,tuna and mayo. That will sort you out.

Advertisement