Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 export

Options
  • 03-10-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick one;
    Does Rock Band 2 come with a code like Lego/Green Day rock band which has to be redeemed before you can export all of the songs?
    from what I can gather you can't export at the moment, but should be able to closer to when RB3 launches. I've done a bit of googling but can't seem to find any clarification about whether RB2 comes with a unique export code or not...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tman wrote: »
    Just a quick one;
    Does Rock Band 2 come with a code like Lego/Green Day rock band which has to be redeemed before you can export all of the songs?
    from what I can gather you can't export at the moment, but should be able to closer to when RB3 launches. I've done a bit of googling but can't seem to find any clarification about whether RB2 comes with a unique export code or not...

Yes it comes with a code, but the code only allows you to download 20 free songs by little know to most artists, in terms of how it will work for exporting for RB 3, i imagine it will be the same as RB1, pop in the disc, cough up some points for the license and away you go.

The other games made you donwload the songs as a pack meaning if you deleted them you just downloaded again, no need to hold on to the disc ;)

WIth RB1 oyu could borrow the disc from a pal but if you needed the songs again you needed the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Guess I'll be giving RB2 a rental before I buy RB3 then!:o

Thanks calex

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thread hijack incoming!

I went to export my LEGO RB songs last night, but the game kept saying the "export songs" option was unavailable. Anyone have idea what I should be doing?

Damn thread hijackers! Post reported:mad:

I take it you've gone here first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thread hijack incoming!

I went to export my LEGO RB songs last night, but the game kept saying the "export songs" option was unavailable. Anyone have idea what I should be doing?

If i remember it was a right pain, you had to go to the web site input your code and get another one for the xbox market place, you don't actually have to export from lego as such. It's a fairly hefty download too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks guys, much love :)

Thought this might be useful to some of the latecomers (like me) who have yet to export from one of their RB games;

http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2010/10/rock-band-export-guide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

HMX are useless with the L:RB codes! Waiting on them now for 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

HMX are useless with the L:RB codes! Waiting on them now for 2 weeks!

Funny, they finally fixed it around 9pm last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lucky Charms

Oh... you got your token? I'm still waiting

• Advertisement

Oh... you got your token? I'm still waiting
    As in I put my Lego RB code in the site and it gave me the Marketplace code.
    I never redeemed it before, so didn't need to wait for an e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lucky Charms

Entered my code and got my token. I now have 299 songs to play :P Happy days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Entered my code and got my token. I now have 299 songs to play :P Happy days!

I don't have access to Rock Band for two months (:() but after picking up Lego RB cheap I can't wait to import some of those songs.

Keys support patch / upgrade particularly would be win, considering some songs in LRB are just made for keys!

Keys support patch / upgrade particularly would be win, considering some songs in LRB are just made for keys!
    Unfortunately even less likely considering what is happening to Harmonix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Nice one I bought it over the weekend for the songs and was playing the game itself last night as I got the message about not being able to export.

I'll give it a go now when I get home

Woden wrote: »
    I'll give it a go now when I get home

A little tip for the L:RB export (360 version)
    When you've got your coupon and entered the redeem code, load up the game and purchase the export, but cancel that download straight away (it doesn't give you the option of background downloads)
    Then press the guide button, go right a couple of times > account management > download history.
    Choose the top L:RB option and download again and it'll happily download in the background for you.

I came very close to leaving my xbox on that download screen all evening:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Got my code this evening, at long last! I'll start the download when I get home.

Advertisement