Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help please.

Options
  • 03-10-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Well I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to dry the carpet in my rented house, Went home for the weekend, Left the skylight slightly open ( Stupid I know, but what's done is done.) and now I'm left with a very wet square meter of the carpet( roughly )...

It's too late to ring the landlord as I've a feeling getting a phonecall at 10pm from a tenant isn't very nice whether she's asleep or not...

What should I do/try? I've dried it with towels, Put news paper underneath it, hoovered it and it's still very wet. Should I hire someone myself to dry it and not tell the landlord as I might loose my deposit or should I tell them first thing tomorrow and let them decide what to do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Is it wet the point of causing damage to the carpet? If not itll dry by itself. Leave windows open when you can or turn on the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

rub, rub, rub with a towel - add some dry carpet shampoo, (which will help to dry it out due to chemicals) and vacuum it. Leave the window open and make sure you keep at it trying to dry it out or the mildew might set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

Hair drier??! Do you have a plug in heater that can stand by the wet patch? Dont leave the window open as if it rains again your screwed!

I wouldnt tell the landlord at all as if theres no permanent damage your just annoying her for no reason!

Advertisement