Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear stretchings/plugs

Options
  • 03-10-2010 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

I've been meaning to call into a shop but am having trouble finding time, just thought i'd ask here, how does it actually work starting out with plugs.

I used to have a lot of facial piercings but never really did anything with my ears, but now id really like to have small plugs, can anyone advise me on how much this would cost on average? how the road is... the procedure needed, healing time/ maintenance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Here's something I wrote a while back, have a read, any questions after reading it just shout. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256564

Basically can be done in a few ways, most common is just to buy a a larger piece of jewellery (1mm increase) and if you've waited long enough it will just slot in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 W.S.C FOSTER

You are better off buying stretchers and doing it yourself a little at a time, they can do it in the shop for you but it would be quite expensive and would hurt like hell, I have both ears done.

p.s. do think about the hole that will be left, their usually permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

Wills guide is great, I'm at 40mm myself and agree with pretty much everything he has in there.

Take your time, happy stretching :)

(p.s) You'll find depending on your body and ears, you may be able to go as far as 20mm and still shrink them down to almost nothing.

Advertisement