Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam shopping centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Tinder wrote: »
    You could drive a mini bus up there, I think this is more a reflection of driving standards in Tuam than anything. I much prefer driving up a ramp into a dry car park, going down in the lift and doing my shopping rather than struggling across the flooded poorly designed pot-holed O'Tooles car park in the freezing, pissing rain! I think if people actually tried driving up the hill they would be pleasantly surprised.

It is much much bigger than Roches in Galway.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Some12 wrote: »
    It's the elevator I don't like. I've had to wait for a second elevator in the past when there were a couple of carts there. Joyce's will be busier...

If I could drive and had a car, I'd be reluctant too just coz of the elevator...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Ye wont know the place when it opens twice the size of what costcutter used to be, he has moved back into what was storage space. At least now we have a choice between the two men from headford who happen to be relations joyces and o tooles

red bull wrote: »
    Ye wont know the place when it opens twice the size of what costcutter used to be, he has moved back into what was storage space. At least now we have a choice between the two men from headford who happen to be relations joyces and o tooles

I can only imagine that the layout is gonna be a million miles better than what was there. I hate walking down an aisle and then come to stand and you have to decide whether to go left or right! It's the same way in Dunnes in Jet in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

So any update when its actually opening up?

• Advertisement

early December

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

red bull wrote: »
    early December
    Not exactly an update

will be open by the 9 december

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Think it will be open on december 2, a thursday with a pile of offers. I see that O'Toole has put through a brochure through the doors today offering all sorts of value, particularly wines. Think he is coming too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 DecQ

dec25532 wrote: »
    Think it will be open on december 2, a thursday with a pile of offers. I see that O'Toole has put through a brochure through the doors today offering all sorts of value, particularly wines. Think he is coming too late.

O'Tooles have been sending out texts also with their special offers the last couple of days. HopefullyJoyces might give them a good rattle. Competition should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

I heard opening day (yesterday) was standing room only and the product was walking out the doors.

O'Tooles is matching prices and sending out multiple ads. It looks like there is finally competition in town that O'Toole is afraid of.

I've heard one more of the empty units is going to be filled soon. If that's true, there would only be one left to fill.

It was mad in there yesterday. Stuck my head in for a look while passing and it was a scene akin to Christmas Eve. Let the price war begin!

This is great news really! Gonna have to go in and take a browse around over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

I was in Joyce's today and it was a mad house again. When I finally got to the check-out, the girl said that every check-out has been going non-stop since they opened.

After shopping, I stopped in Pedros cafe as they had some good specials on and it was packed as well. The girl there said it has been packed since Joyce's opened.

It looks like new life has come into the centre. I sure hope it continues.

Afterwards, I drove by O'Toole's and he looked as busy as normal. I hope that Joyce's customers are not just visitors!

Still hate the elevator to the oarking though...

We were in earlier too. Hectic so it was and apparently it was quiet compared to the past two days.

The aisles seem a bit tight though don't they?!

My Mam will continue to do the shopping in O' Tooles until they start their delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

Yes
    We went there today and it was mobbed,the staff there are lovely,we had to park on the second level as it was jammed in there,long may it last:o

mars bar wrote: »
    The aisles seem a bit tight though don't they?!
    You're not wrong there. And the check out area is even tighter and particularly when there is a large crowd. When I was in it on Saturday, they were queuing down the aisles. It kinda smacks of a supermarket that is not designed for large crowds but at least it is competition.

Advertisement