Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers - Tues Oct5th - 19.05 - RTÉ2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dreamers75 wrote: »
    1 nil bohs no clue who scored just turned it on.

byrne

Decent enough goal, Bohs just shading the play. Not too many chances but not a bad game either.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Madden coming on for Byrne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Helter Skelter stuff since the start.

Bohs well deserving of their lead. McGlynn, Keegan and Cretaro have been excellent so far.

Rovers by the same count have been terrible. Long ball rubbish.

Madden coming on now. Time to become a legend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ball was never cleared from the corner. Rice trying to be everywhere is getting beaten a lot. Bohs comfortable enough. Looks incredibly like the first half at Richmond..

Jesus, Rovers are terrible

Jesus, Rovers are terrible

First ten mins they looked like they were going to control the game. Zero since then

Twigg is gonna get himself sent off tonight. Looks like he's about to boil over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Good first half, expect Madden to cause problems in the second half.

Forza Shelbourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Don't know but you can nearly be sure it'll be Alan Kelly, which i'm happy about, has turned into the best ref in the league, from when he just used to be an attention seeker.

Wonder if Stevens agrees with your point?

• Advertisement

WTF were bohs doing there a few minutes ago. Lucky not to be pegged back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

rovers all over them now, much improved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

how have Rovers not scored yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Incredible that this is still 1-0. Rovers have just torn into Bohs this half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Missed the 1st half , but Rovers have been all over them 2nd. How bad were they 1st half?

Very

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

have say it's good game

Bohs came into after 15 minutes of rovers pressure.

Bohs need a 2nd and tbh Cretaro or Madden unlikely to get it.

The size of dessie baker :eek:

FT 1-0

That was entertaining, do hate bohs when they do that. For all rovers pressure did Murphy have to make a save other than catch a cross? bastids did the same vs in SSC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

No play maker in the middle of the park killed us tonight. Turner has done nothing for us this season and a mid field of him Ricer and Chambers isn't in any way creative. Work man like but no passing out of them. Missed either Bailey or Bradley although Bradley did have an asbolute shocker last time out.

How that finished 1-0 I'll never know but if nothing else it keeps things interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Have you just been to Specsavers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I tought the ref bottled a lot of decisions in that game.
    If you put your arm over a striker in the box it's going to be a penalty and as good a tactic breaking the game up was for Boh's they were sloppy with their tackles and were lucky to not have a man or two sent off, and those decisions all boil down to the ref.

Rovers deserved a draw but didnt earn it through their play, Boh's packed their area against each Rovers attack and made it tough.
    Rovers set pieces were terrible, although married to Boh's kamikaze defending it's never going to be easy to make a break through.

The pressure seemed to tell on Rovers and the good start to the second half was well dealt with by a bit of Boh's time wasting.
    Boh's experienced showed in these respects, while their football wasn't great they slowed the game and stoppped Rovers getting into the game.
    Boh's could have had a few more goals but lacked the quality to take their chances.
    Not a classic encounter by any means.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

makes the run in all the more interesting

nullzero wrote: »
    I tought the ref bottled a lot of decisions in that game.

Kelly hates Rovers with a passion and never gives a single decision our way. Anytime we see him in charge of our match we have to play to that extra level as were playing the ref as well.

iregk wrote: »
    Kelly hates Rovers with a passion and never gives a single decision our way. Anytime we see him in charge of our match we have to play to that extra level as were playing the ref as well.

No hes just crap, gave you every free in 2nd half not even sure of Bohs got one.

Fenlon clocked in teh head after the match by something thrown from the crowd. Harsh way to treat your new manager :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No hes just crap, gave you every free in 2nd half not even sure of Bohs got one.

Fenlon clocked in teh head after the match by something thrown from the crowd. Harsh way to treat your new manager :D

thought that was the normal initiation down Tallaght way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Well deserved MOTM for Ken Oman.

Got the assist for the goal and kept Twigg quiet for the most part.

RTE montage at the end finished up with a clip of Fenlon getting clocked in the side of the head*. Had me laughing anyway.:D

* see I wasn't only person that noticed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll take that :)

Rovers did enough for the draw, heart in mouth stuff at times around the goalmouth. Very happy with how we played apart from the opening 10-15 minutes or so of the second half.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Second half was painful, fortunately rovers were reduced to hoofball. Great win, especially against 12 men, worst performance from Kelly in a while. No idea how they made half time with 10 men, not giving Pigg a second yellow for a blatant dive was bizzare aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

A ref thats biased against shams? That'll be the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

bohsman wrote: »
    not giving Pigg a second yellow for a blatant dive was bizzare aswell.

One word. Cheat.

i noticed that.

fat or what ?

Rovers deserved a draw on the balance, but there's been plenty of times where Rovers got more than they deserved ala Galway away, Drogheda at home etc.

Well deserved MOTM for Ken Oman.

can't understand that at all.

his backpass was shocking.

Keegan, Powell, Cretaro, McGlynn all better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

McGlynn had a super game, and so did Keegan. I have been quick to criticize Keegan in the past but he was great tonight. I thought Oman played well apart from the back pass, you could see he was fired up for the game. Looking forward to Inchicore now. Tonight made the run in much more interesting, even if we don't win it, tonight was nice :cool:

Yep McGlynn would have been my choice.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah said Mcglynn myself, doesn't matter though, great team performance

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Awh some sore losers, I flipped through the highlights on rte.ie when I came home from work, don't know where you got that.

As for the match, from what I seen of it seemed like a great match, and from what I seen of Shams they weren't up to much!

Keegan was MOTM for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

ha, from a nuturals point of view i dont have a clue how you think the ref was biased!? thought he did a good job.

and keegan should have got man of the match, he bossed the midfield and dictated the flow and tempo of the game, took the ball and slowed it down when needed and spread the ball fast when the times were right aswell. made some great runs into good attacking positions aswell. oman had a very good game but keegan shades it for me anyway.

Awh some sore losers, I flipped through the highlights on rte.ie when I came home from work, don't know where you got that.

I'm not a sore loser at all Rovers didn't deserve to win the match. Probably could have got a draw out of it but that at most. We didn't play football, resorted to hoofball for the entire 2nd half and with a forward line thats not exactly full of height I just don't understand.

As for Twigg's dive well there were two parties involved there. Probably could have gotten a penalty if he didn't dive. He did, he tried to exagerate it and it cost him. The hand arm was on his shoulder dragging him back so it should have been a pen however if I was a ref I'd have given Twigg a card for the dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

AgileMyth wrote: »
    A ref thats biased against shams? That'll be the day.

funny thing was bohs only got one decision of kelly in the second half when we should have had 4 or 5. kelly is a pr1ck but rovers got alot more off him than bohs did and some of the tackles by rovers players were disgracefull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

flas wrote: »
    ha, from a nuturals point of view i dont have a clue how you think the ref was biased!? thought he did a good job.

and keegan should have got man of the match, he bossed the midfield and dictated the flow and tempo of the game, took the ball and slowed it down when needed and spread the ball fast when the times were right aswell. made some great runs into good attacking positions aswell. oman had a very good game but keegan shades it for me anyway.

yep, neutral here too and didnt think there was any bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4431/

Extratime reporters Frankie Lally and Simon O'Gorman chat to Bohs goal scorer Jason Byrne, Pat Fenlon and Michael O'Neill. Filmed and Edited by Peter O'Doherty

Advertisement