Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hector on 2FM

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

A lot of dislike for the show on here. I have to admit that I quite like the show and while it's not perfect it's not the worst. It's different and maybe that's no harm, why should every breakfast show be the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

jvan wrote: »
    A lot of dislike for the show on here. I have to admit that I quite like the show and while it's not perfect it's not the worst. It's different and maybe that's no harm, why should every breakfast show be the same?

its by far the poorest show post Dempsey on 2fm. One wonders how long more it will last. Jim Jim must be having a little giggle at all this. In fairness to his old partner he seems to be holding his own. Next PD at 2fm perhaps? They need to do something and quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I download podcasts of Hector onto my mobile phone. That's better than listening to him in the morning. You only get the best bits of his show, and no advertisements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

i love hectors show i switched over from corks red fm which is just not the same since kc and lenny left , i enjoy him and listen every morning on the way to work :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

bbability wrote: »
    its by far the poorest show post Dempsey on 2fm. One wonders how long more it will last. Jim Jim must be having a little giggle at all this. In fairness to his old partner he seems to be holding his own. Next PD at 2fm perhaps? They need to do something and quick.

Jim Jam or whatever ya call him was absolutely muck. Easily the worst DJ on radio. The worst ever for stuttering 'um ah eh'. Thank God RTE got rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 karaokenomore

Jaysus Christ hi, tis great to hear them West Brits roarin blue murder at an accent that was far from reared in D4.

Viva Hector - béal eile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Jaysus Christ hi, tis great to hear them West Brits roarin blue murder at an accent that was far from reared in D4.

Viva Hector - béal eile!

West Brits? :rolleyes: I doubt this show is broadcast in the UK. What the hell are you talking about?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I think Hector has lost it, he recently turned up to an event in Navan with minders..:rolleyes:

Paracore wrote: »
    Jim Jam or whatever ya call him.
    You can call him JIM JIM just like the rest of us. Just out of curiosity what was muck about him. Strong words for a guy who had more listeners than the current presenter on 2fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ratedR

His shows with Tommy T were great. I was always a fan of Hector too. But jesus he must be alienating a lot of the country with the $hite he comes out with on the radio and Twitter. I'm from the country and get what he comes out with, but it's just grating now. That KHL stuff was the final straw.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

bbability wrote: »
    You can call him JIM JIM just like the rest of us. Just out of curiosity what was muck about him. Strong words for a guy who had more listeners than the current presenter on 2fm
    ]
    I'll call him what I like. It's a bit of a retarded name anyway and reflects on him big time i.e. he thinks he's hilariously funny when he's actually not. Maybe thats why he took up the comedy gig because he realised how poor he was on radio. Muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 armouredbear

I think He's great fun, good music, grates the odd time (who doesn't). RTE finally realising that half the country doesn't live in Dublin and really couldn't care less what goes on there(oops!). No more idiots moaning like on Newstalk RTE1, Today FM. and like it or not he's intelligent, even while acting the maggot you realise he's far smarter than most of the clowns on at the same time.
    He's positive, upbeat.... great..... keep up the good work hector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I don't know how this guy got a radio show on the national station. I understand he's doing the whole country shtick but I'm from the sticks myself and half the lads in my local pub are funnier than this fool. Topics range from his love of bacon and cabbage and Irish stew to how to milk a cow. It'd be alright if this was only for a few seconds but he drags these topics out with the poor news announcers and AA traffic people. It has to be listened to be believed, I understand most people wouldn't be awake at this hour.

The only explanation is it's some kind of affirmative action for annoying bogmen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Unfortunately I have the joy of listening to this gobshíte for about 40 minutes every morning on the bus.
    Even with my mp3 earphones in and music up full his annoying little voice manages to penetrate through. I despise this man, and that girl who he presents with. They talk about the most utter crap! and do the stupidest things like blow random notes into a thin whistle while laughing hysterically and praise random fools who come in looking for attention.
    Just last week didn't they get into some stupid argument live on air over something to do with being sexist. I don't know what it was about either way they both came across as dopes.
    His use of the Irish language and being all "diddly aye countryside lad" irritates me too.

He also plays some of the worst music out there. I generally don't like most music played on the radio but this show just takes the biscuit, there might be 1 or 2 within the space of a month if you're lucky.

He's a clown, always was a clown and always will be.

Jesus I hate that him and everything he does. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Can't believe this gombeen is still on national radio. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

In the interest of new user's to the forum I've reopened the poll.

Advertisement