Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Eagle Flown from the TV?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I have not seen John Eagleton do the TV weather for some time now. Has he flown the nest? he will be a big loss. Perhaps Ms Ryan has taken his spot, and that would be an utter tragedy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

inabina wrote: »
    I have not seen John Eagleton do the TV weather for some time now. Has he flown the nest? he will be a big loss. Perhaps Ms Ryan has taken his spot, and that would be an utter tragedy.

God i hope your wrong... the eagle is a legend.. maybe ramps it up a little but thats why we love him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I think he's just off untill the exciting weather comes bac! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

he has been grounded for buying booze for vincent o'shea at the off licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I think he's just off untill the exciting weather comes bac! ha

Guess we won't be seeing him for quite a while so..:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Is he still doing radio forecasts? I hopes he's not ill:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

this is why i am concerned. I have heard him on the radio. but no sighting on TV for a while. if anyone has the time, look back in the RTE news archive and see when he last appeared!!

http://www.rte.ie/news/9news/

archive calendar bottom left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Does this mean we won't see a thread called "Eagle Says Polar Low!" again this year? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Does this mean we won't see a thread called "Eagle Says Polar Low!" again this year? :)

that was the most over hyped bit of low pressure ever. . . And its very unlikely we will have a polar low at any point this winter. . . :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

that was the most over hyped bit of low pressure ever. . . And its very unlikely we will have a polar low at any point this winter. . . :(

Firstly it was never a polar low to begin with and secondly you and i are gonna fall out.:D

Polar lows form fairly regular and although we are unlucky to not be in there path at the best of times,they can definately make there way to us with avengence so i wouldn't write one off or are you using reverse thinking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

redsunset wrote: »
    Firstly it was never a polar low to begin with and secondly you and i are gonna fall out.

Polar lows form fairly regular and although we are unlucky to not be in there path at the best of times,they can definately make there way to us with avengence so i wouldn't write one off or are you using reverse thinking.

I think maquiladora knows that already guys... he is being humorous lol

• Advertisement

The Eagle was doing the radio forecast at five to six this evening. I hope he's not off tv for good.

ive gone thru the RTE news archive. his last appearance on TV Was August 24th. :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Pangea wrote: »
    I think maquiladora knows that already guys... he is being humorous lol

Eh yeah of course, so was i.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

He's on the radio now, so he lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Maybe he's in training for the winter forecasts... There's only one man out there who can deliver a winter forecast like he can... Long live the Eagle:D

still no sign of the legend. Last sighted on TV on August 24th....its nearly two months now....:(

I heard him again on the radio a couple of days ago. So it would seem as if he has moved to the radio full time. A real pity if that is in fact the case:(

On another note that audrey mc grath chick is pretty hot. Great presenter too.
    Dont see Helen Curran or Ursula Bracken on recently.
    I think Ursula was pregant wasnt she.

Pangea wrote: »
    On another note that audrey mc grath chick is pretty hot. Great presenter too.
    Dont see Helen Curran or Ursula Bracken on recently.
    I think Ursula was pregant wasnt she.

Is Ursula Bracken the lady with blond hair? If so she is very attractive.

• Advertisement

Is Ursula Bracken the lady with blond hair? If so she is very attractive.
    aye she is indeed with a smokin body, but helen curran is blond too.
    They are both foxes.
    http://www.rte.ie/weather/presenters/pres_index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The Eagle presented the the 7.55 weather this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Joe Public wrote: »
    The Eagle presented the the 7.55 weather this morning.

Thats radio yeah??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's the guy who sounds like he has a head cold constantly?

Thats radio yeah??

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Still no sign of him returning on TV.
    I saw an advertisement for a program on RTE1 called "The Eagles Return". I thought it might be a 30 minute special on him returning to TV forecasting and he would be giving his insight into this winters weather but it wasn't! :( It was about the re-introduction of eagles into Ireland.

rhonin wrote: »
    I saw an advertisement for a program on RTE1 called "The Eagles Return". I thought it might be a 30 minute special on him returning to TV forecasting and he would be giving his insight into this winters weather but it wasn't! :( It was about the re-introduction of eagles into Ireland.

I hope he keeps away from the poisoned meat bait in Kerry.:rolleyes:

rhonin wrote: »

lol..:)..seen that advertised as well and i had the same thought... Keep the faith the great one will return..

i am still in denial that he has gone from the TV. it just cannot be. Eagle, we miss you....come back........somebody reading this must know what has happened?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I sent an email to RTÉ to see if he will make a return. This is the reply I got:

I have no information to suggest that John Eagleton has finished presenting the weather on RTÉ Television.

Not really conclusive! Maybe he's waiting for the next Polar low!

Advertisement