Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any possibility of these bands playing Ireland?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Any chance Suicide Silence, Bring me the horizon, or The devil wears prada will come to Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Of course it's possible any of those bands could play Ireland. Saying that, I'm not as confident that metal bands like these would get booked over here as quickly as other rock acts. MCD would be the main promoter here catering for these kinds of acts and they usually only have a handful of upcoming metal gigs at any given point. It's generally hit or miss who makes it here and who doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

I saw bring me the horizon before over here.. supporting killswitch..

will they play again? who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

I saw bring me the horizon before over here.. supporting killswitch..

will they play again? who knows!

shiiittt when was that???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

eh.. 3 years ago or something.. Was in the olympia..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

how about WEEZER

how about WEEZER

I would say a high possibility when they next come to Europe and do a proper tour. I don't think the band knew how big of a following they had here prior to the 2005 gigs.

Would really love to get back-to-back gigs where they play Blue Album and Pinkerton in full... at Vicar Street. Holy s***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

How come Bieber has yet to come to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

SHH! Don't encourage him. He needs to do his gig in North Korea first anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Yeah I reckon when they look at album sales over here its worth doing a gig :rolleyes: alot of people dont see that side when they download everything.... Weezer etc.. would arrive alot quicker if they had 100'000 sales of their new album ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Any chance Suicide Silence, Bring me the horizon, or The devil wears prada will come to Ireland?

I'm nearly sure I saw Bring Me The Horizon down the bill at a gig, possibly supporting Trivium, in the Ambassador about four to five years ago? This would have been probably one of their first gigs outside the UK....

Having read some posts here it could have been at KSE that I saw them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BMTH played the Kerrang Tour 2 years ago.
    Would love if Weezer came over

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

I saw BMTH at the Kerrang Tour that year as well.
    I asked Matt on twitter earlier on this year would they be playing an Irish date, he said hopefully or something like that, no sign yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dMoniKer

Of course it's possible any of those bands could play Ireland. Saying that, I'm not as confident that metal bands like these would get booked over here as quickly as other rock acts. MCD would be the main promoter here catering for these kinds of acts and they usually only have a handful of upcoming metal gigs at any given point. It's generally hit or miss who makes it here and who doesn't.

DME(http://www.dublinmetalevents.com) : the main metal promoter over here.No chance in hell he`ll bring over an emo band like bring me the horizon though.

dMoniKer wrote: »
    DME(http://www.dublinmetalevents.com) : the main metal promoter over here.No chance in hell he`ll bring over an emo band like bring me the horizon though.

Yeah, I am well aware about DME and going by the kinds of bands he has booked in the past I wouldn't think he would book acts like Bring Me the Horizon. They're a pretty rubbish band, new video I saw of theirs is atrocious. The one song I like by them is Chelsea Smile. I genuinely thought it was a promising indication but when checking out their album... not good at all. I don't think I could listen to an album of theirs straight through with the "singer" that they have.

Advertisement