Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas toy bargains suggestions, for the kiddies.

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Ok maybe it is time;) Post up xmas toy bargains for the parents/kids here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

In tesco today cadbury selection boxes were only 2.50, no way these will be this price for long so I will most likely get my supply in the next week or 2, the nestle version are 4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Smyths doing a toy scrappage scheme. Bring in a toy or some toys and get a booklet with money off vouchers...

http://www.toys.ie/features/toyscrappage/128940.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tesco Clarehall have a 'bargain shop' set up where the no name shop used to be where they've some great value on toys and Haloween stuff. Presumably, they'll keep this going through Christmas and / or until they get a new tennant for the unit.

In the txmaxx bargain bin today... 2 Zambi the elephants for the knockdown price of 13euro. I bought 1 as an early xmas pres for the nephew: There is one left!!! My daughter has one and I play with it more than she does;) lovely little toy knocked down from 60-30 to 13E, bargain!!

Plus they have lots of other stuff in a big basket by the tills as well that are excellent pressies for the smallies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Sylvanian regency hotel ( this years model of the Grand Hotel) Argos €89 Smyths €169 - difference is you dont get the 170 accessories that go up the hoover anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

New Tesco in Naas today had 3 great things :
    A Scooby Doo set :mine set RRP 19.95 selling at 2.50 euro!
    A Cuddly talking peppa pig for 6.50 ish RRP 26 peppa
    Playdoh tubs: 50c for 'odd' finishes, but hey lo got an hr out of one today for 50c that is cool.
    tubs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

161-3493669SPA72UC589975M.jpg

i got handy manny today for €21.99 in argso.. he says about 25 phrases... great little toy. Got it for my sons birthday and he hasnt stopped playing with it..

it was originally €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

In smyths today, we got toy bunk beds with 2 free dolls for 30 euro. Happy out.

edit: Adding pic....

g04919_M.jpg

Puppy in my pocket playhouse with accessories and 2 puppies for 14.99 in Smyths toys, Kinsale roundabout, not sure if it's nation wide.

Zhu Zhu hamsters in TKMaxx for 7Euro apiece, with accesories like the hamster car, add ons etc for approx 10Euro apiece.

Zhu-Zhu-Pets-pictures-300x300.jpg

Loads of other stuff in big bargain bins in both stores... well worth a browse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I got the sylvanian family car & caravan in smyths - I was looking at it with my daughter during the mid term and it was priced at 64.99 - but its now reduced to 51.99. A decent enough saving when you are going to have to buy a family with it anyway!

I suspect the reduction has something to do with toysRus delivering down to blanchardstown now. Because its a price match with them currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I got the sylvanian family car & caravan in smyths - I was looking at it with my daughter during the mid term and it was priced at 64.99 - but its now reduced to 51.99. A decent enough saving when you are going to have to buy a family with it anyway!

I suspect the reduction has something to do with toysRus delivering down to blanchardstown now. Because its a price match with them currently.

Hi, can I just ask how are they delivering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

The full details are on the toys r us web site with full instructions and special postcodes to use. then you pick the goods up in blanchardstown - near New Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Is the pick up point in the retail centre near KFC and Heatons. I'm not that familiar with Blanch. SC. The map is a little unclear to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I suggest everyone check Amazon before buying anything in an Irish shop. We were in Hamleys in Dundrum with the little man last weekend to see what caught his eye and I decided to do a little comparison shopping with my iPhone.

Many items were close to a third of the price on Amazon. A Thomas the Tank engine was EUR29.99, but on amazon it was £9.99. There were several other items that were less than half price. There is free shipping on orders over £25 quid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

heatons currently having 50% off sale on all toys http://www.heatonsstores.com/categories/Toys/1007000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

stimpson wrote: »
    I suggest everyone check Amazon before buying anything in an Irish shop. We were in Hamleys in Dundrum with the little man last weekend to see what caught his eye and I decided to do a little comparison shopping with my iPhone.

Many items were close to a third of the price on Amazon. A Thomas the Tank engine was EUR29.99, but on amazon it was £9.99. There were several other items that were less than half price. There is free shipping on orders over £25 quid too.

I will be boycotting Amazon due to this:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/amazon-pulls-controversial-paedophile-guide-2010-11/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Smyths are doing buy 1 get 1 free on all their annuals, €9.99 then for the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

loads of shops do not ship stuff to Republic of Ireland, I get cought up like this several times. Things are much cheaper but they don't post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Did a little jaunt to Toys r us on sat

Sylvanian hotel €79 with free Koala family v smyths €169 & 18.99

Lego on 3 for 2.... Star wars tank 79 v smyths 114, smaller SW tank 39 vsmyths 54 & got Hagrids lego hut for free....

With all the bits & bobs we got was £349 there V smyths €512.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

World of wonders have promotion
    buy 1 get 1 half price

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Bethrifty.ie are giving 3% cash-back on pick ups from Blanch, ok for christmas, but you may be better off going North, not sure of the price difference v sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

not a christmas toy bargain, but didn't want start a new thread, there's a bargain alert on baby wipes linky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Shrek Foreverver After DVD for 12 Euro (7.90 off rrp) in Dunnes Stores Tullamore branch.
    Good stocking -filler at that price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

stimpson wrote: »

IMO Hamleys are totally overpriced on everything! Just do a price comparison on anything branded with Argos or Smyths and you'll see the difference. I couldn't believe the price of the stuff when I was in there a while ago. I bought my son a doll (yes, I know Son + doll :eek: but it was what he wanted), priced the doll in Hamleys, was way out of my budget, just happened to check argos on my way out, hoping for a similar cheaper one, and got the exact doll he picked in Hamleys for nearly half the price!! :confused:
    Can't remember the exact brand/model now, it was about 4mths ago. But after that I checked some of the Thomas the Tank Engine sets too and they were much cheaper in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Was in Tesco Cavan the other day and they have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Toodle Ears reduced from €20/€25 to €4.99
    -!Mickey%20Mouse%20Clubhouse%20Toodle%20Ears--215612972.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thread Unstuck.

Christmas is over for another year alas.

:(

Advertisement