If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV units

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hope you can help me with this one.

I'm basically looking for some recommendations for TV units. I have a large LCD TV with the usual variety of amps, DVD, media units etc attached and all the lovely cables too. It all sits on a very traditional multi tier glass unit supplied with many TVs but it has to go!

So if you can supply better units or if not recommend a manufacture that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mike.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

There is a huge range of A/V furniture available and we would tend to keep the most popular and the most cost effective ones but we can get a wide range of alternatives.

We would normally keep the standard type of rack which is a black glass, black legs rack that has cable management and comes in 32, 42 & 50" sizes.

These are £59.95, £79.95 and £99.95 respectively.

They look very similar to this, except they have cable management and they are cheaper.

We also keep a black oval version which is also very popular and the Modus S5 which is my personal preference. This is a very stylish glossy black box that has glass that is infrared friendly.

If there is something specific that you are looking for, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 15 knock

Dave,

Would you be able to get this stand?

2.jpg?1279201948

'Origin Skyline 1000 Black TV Stand'

Regards,
    Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Dave,
    I looking for an A/V unit that is a maximum of 123cm wide and at least 120cm wide that would be deep enough for an av receiver(45cm approx), the height and number of shelves is not that important.

What brands do you have access to? I could have a look for myself, to save you some time.

I always thought your selection of stands was fairly limited but from your post it seems I may have been wrong.

Thanks for your time,
    Moo.

bump!

bump bump!

• Advertisement

Hi Knock.

Sorry, had a bit of digging to do and that Origin one is not one that I can get.

We can get any of the Techlink, Pixel or Alphasson ranges.

http://www.techlink.uk.com/products/furniture/avatar_range/avatar_ptv7b_plasma_stand

That techlink is similar or the Alphason .

Let me know if you like either of these or any of their ranges.

Regards

Dave

Hi Moolers.

We do a stand very similar looking to this.

It's 120 wide and it's priced at £99.95. Delivery would be £11.99.

It has cable management, black glass shelves and black gloss legs.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mike.GTI

Thanks Dave.

The Alphason units in walnut look very nice both for TV and hifi components.

I spotted this one Alphason - http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-stands-hi-fi-racks/alphason/fw750/alph-fw750-wal-blk and http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-stands-hi-fi-racks/alphason/fw1100/alph-fw1100-wal on your site.

I also like the black unit you linked above as it has a transparent front so devices can be tucked away and also the unsightly cabling which no matter how tidy you are always peep out :rolleyes: Ideally if the Alphason walnut units had glass frontage it would be ideal.

I'll check some dimensions today and get back to you. I need 2 TV units and a hifi unit. The second TV unit is for the kids setup which may suit the black unit as they have xbox, dvd, Wii etc in action and lots of cables :(

Do these units come assembled or flat packed?

Hi Mike.

Most of them come flat packed but there are a few of the Alphason wooden ones that come built, but it's only a few from their range.

Let me know if any of the specs suit.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.