Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there a difference in Gamers Yu gi oh vs Magic

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I've been a yugioh gamer for years I am leaning into getting into Magic for the first time because well There tends to be a negative stereotype with ygo duellists being assholes
    Im running a tournie to raise money for the IGA when Im advertising on different forums I get abuse
    Why are supposely Magic The gathering gamers are supposed to be nicer than yu gi oh players when essentially they're both ccgs
    And before you say grammer please dont really
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How about I say punctuation then?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wolfbrand Morro

Emm I presume its cause YuGiOh players would be younger and would tend to be more immature then Magic players.
    Magics been around for a long time and most CCGs have spawned from it. It is a more mature game the YuGiOh a game aimed at a younger audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the main reason; card gamers tend to be quite douche-y at times.

Magic is a more developed game[it's older so obviously] and the player base reflects that.I guess it's somewhat arrogance on one side,but I know 10-15 Yugioh players and about 30 odd magic players.IMO there's no difference,there's asshats on both sides and great people on both sides.

@Nody, he did acknowledge the grammar issue, no need to rub it in

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean_Alpha

its a pity because yugioh and magic theyre at the end of the day both ccgs
    And some of these guys are round my age and older . i thought the downfall of the professional scene would help us keep the game alive creating tournaments ourselves and playing the game together. But its created a harsh brutal gaming world where duellist act like ravenous dogs attacking each other like Haruto No Ken of the CCG world . Pity maybe it because theyre afraid of enjoying time with other gamers or making new friends

Advertisement