Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainer in Cork city

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here recommend a good personal trainer in Cork city?
    Over the past couple of years, I've made a few efforts to improve my fitness. My initial enthusiasm and early results always seem to fade away despite my best intentions. I'm hoping that investing in a personal trainer might help me follow through and maintain a fitness regime.
    I'm based in Sunday's Well. Currently not a member of a gym but looking at both the Mardyke Arena and NRG/Jury's/River Lee Hotel as my two closest options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Don't know anything about personal trainers but I can recommend the Mardyke, have been a member of most gyms around town at this stage and find it to be a fantastic facility.

As for motivation, why not enter a running/cycling/ping pong/etc event to keep you interested and give your training purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

have a look here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

same topic has been discussed before.

Can anyone here recommend a good personal trainer in Cork city?
    I'm based in Sunday's Well. Currently not a member of a gym but looking at both the Mardyke Arena and NRG/Jury's/River Lee Hotel as my two closest options.

I highly recommend NRG, classes included in price, excellent gym, one of the staff there Eoin, does personal training too. Nice gym, good mix of customers from yummy mummies to pensioners to weight heads to cardio junkies of all shapes and sizes. Hard to improve fitness in this day and age if you are not joined a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Why not try an outdoor bootcamp? You get to exercise outside instead of in a stuffy gym and they operate all over Cork (well the one that I have used does anyway www.rebelbootcamp.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is a fella called Will Geary at K2C. Nice fella and is very good by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

gimmick wrote: »
    There is a fella called Will Geary at K2C. Nice fella and is very good by all accounts.

he also trains out of the Planet Leisure in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tong po

im a qualified personal trainer, with advanced certification. i dont depend on it for a living though, as i am well sorted in that regard.
    if your inclined to go to the gym yourself, i would save your money on a personal trainer and post a few questions here.
    i will be happy to guide you and do you out a programme for free.all you have to do is go to the gym and sweat a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

check out Darren at http://www.energizedfitness.ie/

He's superb.

Advertisement