Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animation

Options
  • 03-10-2010 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey all :)

Im in 6th year at the moment and planning on doing Animation in IADT next year.My portfolio course starts this week and to be honest I quite nervous as I dont really know much about animation in IADT and if its not what im hoping for this course may be a waste of time.

Can anyone tell me what the course involves other than whats written in the prospectus?What size are the classes?How much time is art and how much time is computers?

Any info would be much appreciated..Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Padman wrote: »
    Hey all :)

Im in 6th year at the moment and planning on doing Animation in IADT next year.My portfolio course starts this week and to be honest I quite nervous as I dont really know much about animation in IADT and if its not what im hoping for this course may be a waste of time.

Can anyone tell me what the course involves other than whats written in the prospectus?What size are the classes?How much time is art and how much time is computers?

Any info would be much appreciated..Thank you :)

For first year at least, it's mostly art from what i've gathered whether it be life drawing, single-level animation, cut-out animation and abstract animation (eg. draw three squares and make them threatening). The computer stuff comes into it's own in 2nd year onwards with flash, 3D and general computer usage.

Hopefully some of the animation regulars should pop into this thread later and explain it better than I.

Advertisement