Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football, 5-11 Oct 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?p=204790#204790

Sloppy by Derry, hopefully our BoM make a complaint!

Ahh the shels mentality is alive and strong "if we cant win it on the pitch......"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ahh the shels mentality is alive and strong "if we cant win it on the pitch......"
    The supposedly ineligible player scored 2 of the goals. We'd be nuts not to pursue this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Derry City cheating, no way! Who could have imagined such a thing?

Do Derry even really have a legitimate leg to stand on here? The rules are clear and have been clearly broken. You have your press release stating he has withdrawn due to injury, your participation agreements rule stating his ineligbility for any games within 5 days of the game withdrawn from, and your precedent of teams fielding ineligible players having the game given 3-0 in the opposition side's favour.

Marneygate jibes aside, can anyone make a legitimate argument in Derry's favour? As far as I can see the only thing that could save them here is dishonesty on the part of the FAI and we all know they'd never do that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think I'd never stop laughing if nothing was done over this.. :D

I think some Shels fans would actually spontaneously combust with rage what with Cork and being relegated and now this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

So as long as it hurts Shels, its ok to break the rules?

dan1895 wrote: »

Im a very bitter pats fan so im gonna have to say Yes to that.

Honest too :p

dan1895 wrote: »

Where did I say that..it's a clear break of the rules which should be dealt with

But if it wasn't...:pac:

How would the table be affected? Would it give Monaghan security at the top?

dfx- wrote: »
    Where did I say that..it's a clear break of the rules which should be dealt with

But if it wasn't...:pac:

How would the table be affected? Would it give Monaghan security at the top?

Shels get 3-0 win. Monaghan would be top 61, derry 2nd 59 shels 3rd 58 and waterford 4th 57.

• Advertisement

Have Limerick disappeared? Not long ago Mons and Limerick were comepting for second..

As long as Mons go up I don't really care. Hard to call between preferring a trip up to the Brandywell or Dalymount again.

Have Limerick disappeared? Not long ago Mons and Limerick were comepting for second..

As long as Mons go up I don't really care. Hard to call between preferring a trip up to the Brandywell or Dalymount again.

Dunno only reason i know we have a 1st divison is cos you and shels were in it. Just checked the table on rte and did sum sums :p

Seriously though, when are we gonna boot Derry back up to the Irish League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CSF wrote: »
    Seriously though, when are we gonna boot Derry back up to the Irish League?

The current Derry franchise have never played in the IL, so they can't go "back up" there as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

We need a Cork, Derry, Waterford or Shelbourne to come up, not another two home games against opposition with no fans.

Advertisement