Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone needed for Wifi and wordlwide use - recommendations please?!

Options
  • 04-10-2010 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey,

I need to get a phone for use for connecting to free
    Wifi on my travels and possibily if staying in one place for long enough to buy a sim and put it in for messaging etc. (When i buy it i will be getting it unlocked)

I dont really know what to look for and don't really what does what, the info from websites that sell the phones is quite limited.

I was thinking of a Blackberry but would like to stay away from the Querty keypad, but if its the best to brand to get i could live with it

If i were to have a Smartphone would it be able to connect to wifi for gmail + facebook etc without a sim card in it ? There will be free Wifi provided where i will be working

The normal mobile phone features such a high meg of camera are not really important

If anyone has any particular phones they think might suit could they please let me know

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the nokia e63 is probably the best phone you'll get for the money that will do all the things you want. Gmail and facebook will work over wifi along with anything else like skype etc.

blackberry is for business., it's not really suited for what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

the nokia e63 is probably the best phone you'll get for the money that will do all the things you want. Gmail and facebook will work over wifi along with anything else like skype etc.

blackberry is for business., it's not really suited for what you want.

+1 - Proud owner here :D Excellent phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Agreed, I had a Blackberry and e63 for pretty much the same things you use them for, much prefer the e63, download eBuddy or Nimbuzz on it and you will even have Facebook chat

• Registered Users Posts: 16 koq

Thank you for the replies, what do people think of the Nokia C3 to suit my needs ?

I seen it while looking

Advertisement