Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont Irish workers take to the streets?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

last time I was called insane it was for mentioning a property bubble in spring 2006.

I had read an article about AIB selling their bankcentre premsis in ballsbridge (at a time when property in Ballsbridge was the most expensive in the world according to the freefall doc.) in a deal where they rent it for 10 years before having the option to buy it back.

Having worked for AIB and having personally known some of the executives there I felt that they were clever enough not take such a gamble without being aware of the risks. from that I knew that AIB were confident that property was going to crash, and that in 2016 they will make a killing buying back their HQ at a knockdown normal price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

veritable wrote: »
    The public sector don't take to the street because they know they have cosy, overpaid jobs. When their jobs are rightly threatened however, it's a different story.

big time, i was on a contract a while back in a certain semi state company, i was amazed at the salaries being advertised for the jobs and even more amazed at the employees who were getting the jobs, laid back and couldn't give a damn if not quite stupid people, amazing but hey i guess they played the game and won!!

Advertisement