Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for visually impaired?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Is it just as simple as getting a large monitor, or is there special software that you guys would recommend? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Fairly sure there is decent free reader software out there for reading out text. Besides, Accessibility Options and boosting text size with Ctrl+ on a large monitor also helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Thanks a million, i'll keep it in mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Windows does usually come with some colour profiles for visually impaired people.

There are high contrast profiles, and a B&W iirc i.e if you change to 'Windows Classic' style, and chose the colour scheme high contrast white

Also, as suggested, accessibility options do have some features that may be of help i.e magnifier & narrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Neighbour is in such a circumstance. She uses a ~30" monitor and a magnification tool that appears to help a lot. Havent noticed any narration.

Advertisement