Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog won't enter bathroom

Options
  • 04-10-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I've noticed something a little odd about my pup. He's about six months old and completely crazy. He bounces around the whole house, and it's impossible to keep him from rushing through any open door to explore another room. Except, that is, the bathroom when someone is in there. You don't even have to be usinbg the toilet, just standing near it, and he'll just stand at the threshold of the room just looking in. Even if you call him, he won't move. He's not scared or anything, it's as if he knows that this is a prvate space, and he's respecting that. It's quite cute actually! We have another, older dog who has no such problem. Anyone have similar experiences with their dogs? And what you think is behind it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When our dog was a pup he wet the floor and was put outside.
    I was carrying a sweeping brush at the time. I was sweeping the floor, never even raised my voice or threatened the pup

I assume he thought he was going to get a belt.
    Even now if my mother brings in the sweeping brush to sweep the kitchen floor he starts crying and looking to be put out. Just the sight of that brush will have him whining.

Nobody has ever beat him in his life yet he is terrified of that brush even now 8 years later :confused:

Not quite the same as you Einhard, sort of similar

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I laughed when I read your post. My dog is exactly the same. He is ruined he gets pampered so much and no room is off limits to him. But he just wont go into the bathroom. If I walk in leave the door open and call him in he will evetually come but he wants to get out of there as quickly as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Did you bath him inside there before,I have 2 boxers one of will not eneter bathroom either he's afraid of being bathed only if i call him in runs:rolleyes:
    So baths are a once twice a year job

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our guy is the opposite if he can get into the bathroom (we have a gate and usually keep him downstairs) he jumps into the bath thinking it's time for a wash. He'll rob the toilet paper/towel/sponge/mop etc as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

An old dog of ours used to get the same way about tiles.

My theory was that it was because the Vets had a similar tiled floor & he didn't have pleasant memories of the Vets !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

wish our dog was like that. she goes the opposite way.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

... maybe you dropped a bomb in it and the dog dont wanna go near it :)

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you've ever bathed him there and he doesn't like baths he won't want to go in there. My two hate getting washed so they hate the bathroom. Whenever I have a bath or shower they get very worried and slink as far away as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

My dog will not enter bathroom either ....

we leave him to groomers to be washed now rather than getting him all stressed out :)

Advertisement