Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my normally docile dog snarls at friends dog

Options
  • 04-10-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I have two dogs, one male, one female terrier type - both are normally docile enough. I can walk them on their leads without any trouble (they only pull when they see a bird/cat and are grand once distracted).

The other day I met a friend on our regular walk (also with two dogs - one big hairy collie-type, and the other small terrier - both males). My friends bigger dog is hyperactive, and was excited to see my dogs... the four of them had previously ran about together with no trouble at all - so i wasnt overly concerned with them meeting eachother.

But the other day my (older male) dog started snarling and trying to attack my friends larger dog. I kept him on the lead and didnt let them near eachother, but my question is - why suddenly would my dog try and attack his former playmate? He normally would go out of his way to stay clear of aggressive dogs.

Advertisement