Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed - Moved to D22, what Broadband should I go for?

• 04-10-2010 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Just moved my house to D22 last weekend, I was with the UPC BB for a very long time before but the account holder name wasn't me(the landlord but they live elsewhere I was the only one paying it though) so had to give up it cause the UPC won't transfer it but at the beginning they didn't say anything about the account holder must be my name. I will be here for 2-6 months only so another 12 months contract is totally unacceptable. Now shopping around looking for a new provider. what I need are:

1. No download limit (no cap) and no line rental.
    2. total budget under 30euro per month.
    3. the contract should be as short as possible. if they allow me to transfer the account address at anytime, a 12 months contract also is fine.
    4. UPC is my last choice unless I have no choice. cause I m really unhappy with their service. their BB is the best, their service is...

so, anyone, please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What you're looking for doesn't exist. You have no options.

Any broadband comes with a contract, and not aware of any that are less than 12 months. You will never get unlimited, UPC and Magnet have very high caps, Smart is also quite high.

You'll only ever be able to transfer an account if the service is going to be available at your new location. If it isn't, you'll have to buy out of the contract. And obviously it would have to be in your name, how else would you transfer it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

at least this time around the upc bb will be in your name and u should have no issue moving in 6 months. well as long as where ever u move to have upc available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FocusIreland

thanks. i may have to stay with upc then if no other choice. currently using the vodafone mobile BB, speed ok, the only bad thing just the cap. i ll wait for a bit longer see if there s any other new company out b4 this xmas.
    thanks again.

Advertisement