Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tamiya 1/14 rc truck

Options
  • 04-10-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

guys im thinking of getting a tamiya 1/14 rc truck. now i have seen some http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWXW4&P=7 and they dont come with a transmitter servos speed controler or batterys. now i have a rc heli that i got ages ago and i cannot get it to fly so i was thinking i could maybe use the transmitter and speed controler off this?? its a walkera hm 60 and it has a 7 ch transmitter. i know i can get the truck in a full kit but i would like to keep costs down as much as possible..
    any advice would be great
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I think using aero radios for grounds based models is a big no-no, as you run the risk of interfering with airborne models and could cause a crash.

Servos could work though I don't thin the eSC would be compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i live out in the back end of nowhere so there wont be any rc planes around.. i suppose i could throw the rc heli up on adverts etc and see could i get a few quid for it and try get the full kit with speed controler transmitter and servos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

First thing is im gonna save you $220 ... go to hong kong.
    http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tamiya-tractor-trucks-scania-r620-highline-56323-p-28545.html
    That truck is out of stock there, but you can be sure it will be in soon.
    (also never been hit for customs getting stuff from rc mart as they mark it down, and ive spent... lets just say alot.. there)

If you plan to use the MFU (also 100 cheaper in rc mart) there are numerous issues with various transmitters. Ive tried a few on my 1/16 tiger tank and only the futaba 4ch will work. So read up on www.tamiya3speed.com and see what you can find out about transmitters..

Ive always been interested in the rc truck, but i know id spend ages making it look cool, then drive it up and down for a half hour and never use it again.

cheers for the link. whats shipping costs like fromt them?
    more than likely ill do the same just build it and look at it lol. hense the cheaper i get it built the better lol

Well, i find with prices like that you can get more things. Eg the MFU, that you might not have bothered with.
    Just to give u an idea of shipping. I got 2 car kits and heaps of spares. Shipping was about 45 dollars, but that was for the 3 day ems delivery. Its about half that if youre willing to wait about a week and a half. (im impaitent)

• Advertisement

sweet. think 14-21 day delivery from the crowd i linked was over $100.
    wonder if they do the full kit??

keep an eye on www.stellamodels.com and www.rc-mushroom.com
    none have it in stock at the moment... probably cos the new MAN is out..

would rather the scania tbh no panic on getting it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hello Sean,
    I wonder did you ever take the plunge?.

Advertisement