Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to identify Eircom exchange?

• 04-10-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi all, how does one find out the nearest Eircom exchange? I'd like to see what the nearest exchange is to Templeorum (co. Kilkenny) and any information I can get on it (status for DSL, planned upgrades, exchange ID) etc? Not sure if it's information freely available in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not readily. However the exchange is Piltown which is DSL enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Thanks chaps, at least the Piltown exchange is DSL enabled, I'd imagine the Templeorum traffic routes through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

*Bump*

Just in case anyone comes across this thread in search results, found this helpful link from Eircom (typically hidden away) which will give you general Exchange info. Not sure how to find out based on a landline number which exchange it goes through mind you if it's not currently listed on the map

http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/inside.asp?sectionId=2

Advertisement