Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's our driving? (Feedback for the forum)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

lrushe wrote: »
    And those in the 'Pug for Xmas' thread didn't just report the 'bullying' they too went completely off topic.

I think it's safe to say that those who actually reported it probably didn't reply on thread. Again, you have people who, instead of doing the right thing and reporting a post they have an issue with, decide to snipe and derail the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

shinikins wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that those who actually reported it probably didn't reply on thread. Again, you have people who, instead of doing the right thing and reporting a post they have an issue with, decide to snipe and derail the issue.
    I think it's safe to say that actually I reported a few posts on that thread while commenting on it. I wasn't reporting due to off topicness though. so there are those of us who do both.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

shinikins wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that those who actually reported it probably didn't reply on thread.

Actually some of those that reported it did post on the thread and in all honestly the ones who did report were the ones who offered the best advice

Again, you have people who, instead of doing the right thing and reporting a post they have an issue with, decide to snipe and derail the issue.

Got it in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

In the interests of fairness could we also have punishments for people that maliciously report a thread without good reason ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Discodog wrote: »
    In the interests of fairness could we also have punishments for people that maliciously report a thread without good reason ?.

Are you refering to the tail docking thread now DD?

• Advertisement

Are you refering to the tail docking thread now DD?

No :D. I think that it's a very good thread - both of them ;). The pro docker is standing his ground & that makes for a good discussion. No point if we all agree. I have no intention of reporting him or anyone else unless I have a very good reason - I can't speak for him !.

No :D. I think that it's a very good thread - both of them ;). The pro docker is standing his ground & that makes for a good discussion. No point if we all agree. I have no intention of reporting him or anyone else unless I have a very good reason - I can't speak for him !.

I thought you may have thought someone else would report it. Personally I'm in two minds about it. I am thinking of passing traffic here. It is of course an excellent education resource on the subject, however I think if the right person comes by it they may come to the conclusion that it looks like they could 'have a go' themselves. At one point I feared we were going to get step by step instructions.

Most breeders of docked breeds know how to dock - it's hardly rocket science. There is an argument that if you ban Vets from doing it that more home jobs will be done. But in reality many breeders used to do their own rather than pay a Vet for a general anaesthetic.

We had better continue on thread in case we get reported for off topic posting :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its very hard to tell a malicious report from a genuine one since you have to give a reason when you report a post so I dont think this would be possible unless you could prove it was malicious.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its very hard to tell a malicious report from a genuine one since you have to give a reason when you report a post so I dont think this would be possible unless you could prove it was malicious.

Yeah I guess that the clue would be if one specific poster kept reporting the posts from the same poster.

• Advertisement

Yeah I guess that the clue would be if one specific poster kept reporting the posts from the same poster.

Even so they have to give a reason.

Most breeders of docked breeds know how to dock - it's hardly rocket science.

These are not the people I'd be worried about. I was thinking of the unplanned pregnancy/ my dog should have 1 litter before she's spayed people. I will leave it at that so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Oh, god, Whispered, Hellrazer, i have to admit i was reading your replies to my last post and was thinking to myself 'this pair are mad, where are they getting that from?!!' .....and then i realised that my brain was moving faster than my fingers! What i meant to say was
    I think it's safe to say that most of those who actually reported it probably didn't reply on thread
    , i'm sorry for the confusion. Turns out i'm the mad one!!

(And a very good example of "you should double check what you've written before posting it":o)

The Guy selling Dog thread is threatening to take us back to the bad old days after, what I think has been a good period for A&P.

I wonder if we could all agree to disagree nicely.

There are some posters with really good points on both sides and as per usual one or two going off on a tangent and insulting people, ruining what could otherwise be a very interesting conversation.

Happy New Year !. Are you going to come in as peacemaker ?.

We were doing so well but maybe it's just a hiccup. It is an issue that cuts at the whole welfare issue in Ireland & deserves some proper discussion.

haha peacemaker, I don't think so. I just try to ignore the crap to a point, although I went through a report report report stage :D

Will be interesting to see how the thread is dealt with, as I do think that while people are disagreeing, most are keeping it civil. Hopefully its not a sign of things to come.

Happy new year to you too.

The Guy selling Dog thread is threatening to take us back to the bad old days after, what I think has been a good period for A&P.

I wonder if we could all agree to disagree nicely.

I believe I have been maliciously reporting while defending myself in relation to the latest condecending reply in a long line of them from a certain poster. I think I conducted myself quite well in the post that was reported but perhaps I am wrong :rolleyes: I'm not the least bit worried about it as it seems to add strength to my own posts :p

For a basically nice fella like you ( said in a manly back slapping kind of way) it was a bit to the point. I too have had some falling out with our Grace who in fairness can be a bit inconsistent - Grace feel free to comment.

We have proved that we can argue over serious issues without tears. I agree with you regarding horses, I probably disagree over some working dogs. But the point is that we can listen to & respect each others opinion.

I blame Seamus !. He started these peace talks & then vanished confident that the work was done. I've heard that he is sorting out the middle east.

Well that's great but I am a she and a manly slap on the back may not be too well recieved :pac:

I hope the middle-east know that they have the best man for the job :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I got a warning once because I reported a post and posted that I did ;). It was called *backseat modding* or something like that if I remember correctly. I thought one rule applies for all?

EGAR wrote: »
    I got a warning once because I reported a post and posted that I did ;). It was called *backseat modding* or something like that if I remember correctly. I thought one rule applies for all?
    Same here.

Well that's great but I am a she and a manly slap on the back may not be too well recieved :pac:

I hope the middle-east know that they have the best man for the job :D

Good heavens when did you have the operation :D. OK so let me get this right. You are a girl. You practice Kickboxing & I have been assuming that you are a man - do I call the undertaker now ? :eek:

Least it explains why I agree with you totally one minute & not the next :D

Good heavens when did you have the operation :D. OK so let me get this right. You are a girl. You practice Kickboxing & I have been assuming that you are a man - do I call the undertaker now ? :eek:

Least it explains why I agree with you totally one minute & not the next :D

It's a mistake many people make :D I think I have some sort of hormone imbalance that gives me a male persona and attracts me to male orientated hobbies :pac:. The kick-boxing is mainly for easy maintaintenance of lunging and riding muscles not for committing murder ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Jeez guys, get a room!

/hides :-D

/hides :-D

Good idea :p

Jeez guys, get a room!

Could be worth the risk. Yes one could be kicked to death but then again......................;).

Mind you this does highlight the thing that is often missing in A&P - a little light hearted banter. After all it is often the best way to defuse a situation.

The kick-boxing is mainly for easy maintaintenance of lunging and riding muscles not for committing murder ;)

There is a kind of etiquette here that says that one shouldn't reply to a post if one cannot do so without being rude. This has to be a classic example :D. So much so that I wonder if a smilie exists that could express one's emotion especially with the words lunging, riding & muscles in the same sentence :D;):p:):o:eek::pac:

I wonder if a smilie exists that could express one's emotion especially with the words lunging, riding & muscles in the same sentence :D;):p:):o:eek::pac:

:rolleyes:
    Typical response when I reply to a question about what am I doing later today/tomorrow/at the weekend :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

On the subject of thread closure a recent thread was closed, even though no reason was given why it was closed, I'm guessing it was because of certain off topic posts.

But surely it would be better to delete these posts explain why they were deleted and let the debate continue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement