Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's our driving? (Feedback for the forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Emm...I don't often post in this forum looking for advice, but I do read it and I do think there are some people out there who can be quite harsh under the guise of "giving advice".

I appreciate that there are people out there who do not know (or care) about animals, and as a result ask some ridiculous questions. Equally there are people out there who are experts on the subject - animal-dependant, obviously. But I often see threads asking questions about whether or not an animal should be spayed, whether or not a person should get an animal, whether or not they should breed, what they should do with a litter...and the original poster often gets attacked by people with very strong opinions who give no advice at all, rather than simply being given the advice they are looking for.

When somebody says "I work 8 hours a day, should I get a dog?", why can't people just say "here's the pros and here's the cons" rather than basically accusing them of cruelty to animals because they are considering getting a dog, giving them as much time as they can and a loving home, but they have to work 8 hours of the day?? (I'm generalising a bit here, this doesn't apply to every response obviously). Or somebody saying their cat is out at night and being attacked because the animal isn't kept indoors constantly??

I'm not referring to any particular poster or thread here, but I do think that people need to keep in mind that not everybody does things the same and just because you know a bit more about something than someone else does, does not give you the opportunity to accuse them of being stupid/negligent whatever. Quite often they are doing the absolute best they can for their animal, and they are simply asking a question. If people were accusing parents like that in relation to their parenting skills, posters would be banned....it shouldn't be any different here.

I'm not entirely sure how best to prevent it, but certainly people need to be made aware that their opinion is just that - an opinion. And if they aren't going to directly answer, or offer relevant advice on an OP, then they shouldn't answer at all. Asides from anything else, threads end up going off in a tangent, and sometimes the OP doesn't get any kind of response to their question but pages and pages of people arguing over who said what and why they shouldn't.

Other than that I think the forum is great, I've found it really helpful...and I've got a great laugh out of some of the posts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Personally speaking, i think there is a few people who are in serious need of an attitude adjustment, but they all back each other up, where you see one post, you'll soon see the rest. Until a better idea comes up the only thing i can do as an individual is report posts, and posters that i feel have crossed the line. I try to use a bit of common sense when i'm doing it though, I don't indiscriminatly report someone for small issues . There is no one person who stands out as a bully, they are all chasing each others tails, a case of "well she/he's doing it, so can i". Perhaps if everyone read this thread and took on board some of what has been said, then there would be less need to report, infract and ban.

Whispered, you one of the boardsies i like reading, your measured in your tone and while you might disagree with someone, i don't think i've ever seen you being rude, so i don't think you have anything to worry about as regards other peoples viewing you as a bully. My 2 cents worth.

As you just said yourself, if people could disagree but be polite about it, we wouldn't have this problem, you and i can manage it(i don't think your ready to report me:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

@ Hellrazer, I am having a huge problem distinguishing what is acceptable and what isn't. As this first post by you is in reply to one of my posts in relation to the Workie thread I am using it as much as I really don't want to at this stage.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    And in my opinion that thread is another example of a user getting answers to something that he didnt ask for and the thread going off topic.

While gucciali has taken it the right way another user might not be so understanding and be turned off the forum for good whether or not that advice is good / bad or indifferent.

Later you posted this in response to Seamus:
    wrote:
    Of course, separating the wheat from the chaff is easier than it looks. We need a flexible policy in which to deal with this. Off-topicness isn't bad, necessarily. Telling a pug-wanter that any reputable breeder won't have puppies over christmas, is not irrelevant advice. Telling a bitch owner to have his bitch spayed before/after giving birth is not irrelevant advice.
    I agree that its not irrelevant advice.As a matter of fact these 2 examples are probably the best advice in these situations.

:confused: The same people you thanked you in the first post also thanked you in the latter. I was very reluctant to post at all in the Workie thread, I couldn't resist though being a Westie owner myself and all these Westie threads starting turning up as I was in the process of going over my old posts and trying to decide whether or not they were appropriate or not. I am even more confused now! I am completely open to PM's or posts on here on feedback for posts I personally have made, and would welcome any regardless of what they say or the opinion of the person they are comming from. I am one of those who is now at the stage where I have no clue if I am one of the people contributing to problem or not as I have no idea how my posts are viewed by others. It is now at the stage where I find myself looking at threads wondering if what I have to say is relevant or acceptable or not. TBH I feel if I can't express my own view on these subjects I don't see the point of contributing anything.

As for this thing going on with this clique of posters from another forum I had no idea this was going on at all, which makes me wonder if I am missing other things as well!

The only posts I have ever reported were advertising ones and one in the last week which didn't warrant reporting at all as it was a slip of the mouse :o. I can't remember exactly but it was either a poster who was agreeing with me, or my own post that accidently got reported. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I am one of those who is now at the stage where I have no clue if I am one of the people contributing to problem or not as I have no idea how my posts are viewed by others. It is now at the stage where I find myself looking at threads wondering if what I have to say is relevant or acceptable or not. TBH I feel if I can't express my own view on these subjects I don't see the point of contributing anything.
    +1 I try to make an effort to be polite but because I'd consider myself something of a regular poster I've been worried about posting lately for fear of someone accusing me of being unfair or something. Especially if someone happned to agree with me. Whatever about me, I'm not an expert on anything, I just have an interest - but you don't want to chase people away who genuinely can contribute hugely to this community following years of work in the field of rescue, meds, breeding, showing etc.

As for this thing going on with this clique of posters from another forum I had no idea this was going on at all, which makes me wonder if I am missing other things as well!
    I actually feel let down by the forum having heard this and also wonder what else I may be missing.
    The only posts I have ever reported were advertising ones and one in the last week which didn't warrant reporting at all as it was a slip of the mouse :o. I can't remember exactly but it was either a poster who was agreeing with me, or my own post that accidently got reported. :p
    I've been reporting loads lately. It might help the mods know what is annoying posters in the forum if more people did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Whispered wrote: »
    +1 I try to make an effort to be polite but because I'd consider myself something of a regular poster I've been worried about posting lately for fear of someone accusing me of being unfair or something.

I've always been a 'take me as you find me' kinda person, I don't sugar coat things and I think that can sometimes come across as harsh but I can't help what people might read into my posts. I've never been insulting, I've never used bad language never resorted to name calling and never gotten personal even when others haven't been so considerate with me. Don't be afraid to post, I won't be, how else can something I am doing wrong be pointed out. It would be a shame if everyone was going around walking on egg shells, I say just post if you have something to say and let the chips fall where they may :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

@ Hellrazer, I am having a huge problem distinguishing what is acceptable and what isn't. As this first post by you is in reply to one of my posts in relation to the Workie thread I am using it as much as I really don't want to at this stage.

LHi mate and thanks for replying.Im still trying to figure out what is and what isnt acceptable hence Seamus`request from users on how we sort this issue out.

Originally Posted by Hellrazer
    And in my opinion that thread is another example of a user getting answers to something that he didnt ask for and the thread going off topic.

While gucciali has taken it the right way another user might not be so understanding and be turned off the forum for good whether or not that advice is good / bad or indifferent.

Later you posted this in response to Seamus:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellrazer

Quote:
    Of course, separating the wheat from the chaff is easier than it looks. We need a flexible policy in which to deal with this. Off-topicness isn't bad, necessarily. Telling a pug-wanter that any reputable breeder won't have puppies over christmas, is not irrelevant advice. Telling a bitch owner to have his bitch spayed before/after giving birth is not irrelevant advice.

I agree that its not irrelevant advice.As a matter of fact these 2 examples are probably the best advice in these situations.

No where did I say that the posts were irrelevant--I said that it was anothetr example of a thread being dragged off topic by not answering the OPs original question.For what its worth I agree 100% that a dog should not be purchased at Xmas.

The same people you thanked you in the first post also thanked you in the latter.
    I dont see what that has to do with anything--I dont even bother looking at who thanks my posts.Couldnt care less whether I get zero thanks or 50.

I couldn't resist though being a Westie owner myself and all these Westie threads starting turning up as I was in the process of going over my old posts and trying to decide whether or not they were appropriate or not.
    I can tell you now that they werent.

I am completely open to PM's or posts on here on feedback for posts I personally have made, and would welcome any regardless of what they say or the opinion of the person they are comming from.
    Likewise--Id prefer to have a chat with someone via pm--And in the past I have done and in doing so I brought a problem user around to the way we have to do things in the forum.

It is now at the stage where I find myself looking at threads wondering if what I have to say is relevant or acceptable or not. TBH I feel if I can't express my own view on these subjects I don't see the point of contributing anything.

Any and all input is relevant as long as (in my opinion) its done in a way that doesnt make other forum users feel uncomfortable or turns them off the forum.

You see I actually agree with almost every post thats made in these threads but I have to also look at it from an outsiders view and make sure that these posts are not going to make people uncomfortable or turn them off the forum and I really think that some users dont get this and feel that I am being the big bad wolf of the forum.Im not.Im all for the number 1 priorty being the animals welfare.

Theres a bit more goes on behind the scenes that us mods have to deal with and sometimes we have to listen to admins and remove/delete threads without explanation and then we get flak for that.

I've been reporting loads lately. It might help the mods know what is annoying posters in the forum if more people did it.

Again I'd have the same problem trying to distinguish what was reportable and what isn't. I'm pretty thick skinned, it takes an awful lot to annoy me, there are a few posts in that pug thread I'd report but I don't remember seeing anything else I personally consider worthy of reporting, what about people who are giving incorrect advice either because they don't know it's incorrect or ignorant to the fact it's incorrect? I'd be more inclined to post again with the facts and try and back them up with something, I don't see how reporting a post in this case would help that poster, the OP or anyone else.

Can anyone actually clarify what happens when a post is reported? I get the impression a mod is notified, looks at it and decides whether to remove it or not and thats it. Mods are to keep the peace, not to make calls on what is fact or fiction surely?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Im going to be straight up here and say that yes there is a core group of users constantly defending each other.These users frequent other forums (not on boards.ie) and when something happens here the other forum starts buzzing with requests for these users to post on boards.

I find that utterly remarkable. I must be well out of the loop as no one has EVER contacted me regarding posting here.

There is a lot of talk about cliques, groups etc. It might surprise people but rather than there being some cosy cabal of rescues, a lot of them do not even like each other !.

Many of the posts/questions here do have actual answers that are accepted by the majority of animal lovers. So if someone asks they will get a number of similar replies & might assume that this is group bullying. The reality is that it is a number of individuals that share the same opinion.

The way that something is said is often more relevant than what is said. There are a some people here who have offered invaluable advice & got abuse back. Right now there is a thread asking if there is a breed standard for Pitbulls. Seventeen posts later & the question is unanswered. There is a regular poster here who can answer that question but if they do so they will receive a torrent of abuse from certain posters in that thread.

In the Pug thread I was accused of being crap, a bully, arrogant, pathetic & a troll. I can more that fight my own corner but I think that this kind of aggression & language is wrong.

I have asked Liah, my biggest accuser, to give some examples of where I have made any condescending comments on the Pug thread. I am still waiting.

I would also ask that Hellrazer replies to the questions that I raised in Post 99.

As usual Seamus has offered a lot of common sense. I think the "calm down" idea is good. The mods use this technique & it works well in other forums. If Chris (post 4) & Saaron (post 6) had been "cautioned" then the thread may of carried on fine. To his credit Saaron did offer some good advice. Maybe we need a a couple of new smilies !.

I think that the forum has been much better recently & I feel that a lot of this is down to the way that Seamus Mods. I am happy to go along with anything that he implements.

The FAQ's could be fun as who decides if the advice in the threads is good.

I think that it would wrong to let one or two threads over-influence decisions. Most of the Pug advice comments were pretty good.

How the heck do you define lecturing ?.

No where did I say that the posts were irrelevant--I said that it was anothetr example of a thread being dragged off topic by not answering the OPs original question.For what its worth I agree 100% that a dog should not be purchased at Xmas.

Are you saying that yes it's relevant but still shouldn't have been posted as it's off topic? By this rule there wouldn't have been one single reply to the pug thread, how is that helpful to passing traffic and newbies?

I dont see what that has to do with anything--I dont even bother looking at who thanks my posts.Couldnt care less whether I get zero thanks or 50.

That part was more an invitation to those who thanked your posts to clarify their thoughts, I suppose I could have clarified this point.

I can tell you now that they werent.

Would you mind informing me of which specific ones so I can try to figure out why?

Likewise--Id prefer to have a chat with someone via pm--And in the past I have done and in doing so I brought a problem user around to the way we have to do things in the forum.

Any and all input is relevant as long as (in my opinion) its done in a way that doesnt make other forum users feel uncomfortable or turns them off the forum.

In the Workie Thread the OP appeared quite happy with my input untill someone else disagreed with it, at this point I switched my focus to this thread. I don't think I offended anyone in the Pug thread either, certainly not up to the point where everyone started aguing and using the thread as an example. All I did then was highlight the places where I thought the thread had gone off Topic which is what I thought the point of this feedback mission was.

You see I actually agree with almost every post thats made in these threads but I have to also look at it from an outsiders view and make sure that these posts are not going to make people uncomfortable or turn them off the forum and I really think that some users dont get this and feel that I am being the big bad wolf of the forum.Im not.Im all for the number 1 priorty being the animals welfare.

I personally am trying to make every effort to find out where I'm going wrong and am failing at this, this is the point where I personally think about finding a different Animal & Pet Forum instead of Boards.

Theres a bit more goes on behind the scenes that us mods have to deal with and sometimes we have to listen to admins and remove/delete threads without explanation and then we get flak for that.

I completely understand that but all I am seeking is feedback on my own posts!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Discodog wrote: »
    Do you really want the forum to consist of question, answer, thread closed ?.

Of course not--I want the forum to be a place where everyone even first time posters get treated the same as someone who solely posts in A+p on boards.

If someone raises a follow on issue, for example the genetic problems of Pugs on a Pug thread, do you see that as off topic ?.

Yes possibly.Maybe we could split the thread at that point as happens in other forums that I vist.
    Can you accept that bullying is occurring on both sides ?.
    I think we`ve established that bullying may be the wrong term to use however for the sake of answering this I do agree that its happening on both sides.
    Do you think that the language & attitude of Builttospill & Liah in the Pug thread is acceptable ?.

Again we`ve moved on from that and Liah and Whispered have decide to let it drop--I suggest you do likewise.
    Is aggression acceptable provided you justify it ?.

No I dont believe that any form of aggression is acceptable in the forum at all.
    I am not asking these questions to have a go but to get some definition as to how you want this forum to be.
    All Im asking for is for people to be a bit nicer to each other instead of jumping down each other throats.
    As the "senior" Mod the forum will reflect your wishes & is subject to your control.
    Thats just being cynical.I dont have sole control over the forum like the rest of the mods here.Theres 4 mods and 4 cmods aswell and we operate on a majority rules basis when it comes to changes.

• Advertisement

Again I'd have the same problem trying to distinguish what was reportable and what isn't. ........ I'd be more inclined to post again with the facts and try and back them up with something, I don't see how reporting a post in this case would help that poster, the OP or anyone else.

Personally I started reporting posts I found offensive, rude and agressive - simply because they are the things that annoy me most. I wouldn't report something because I disagree with the opinion. Instead I'd give my own opinion too. Lately though, for reasons given earlier, I'm reluctant to do that.

I can see where your difficulty comes in though - I suppose it's for the mods to advise on. Where should we give an opinion, where should we report. Where do we discuss posting tone and is that reportable etc.

@ Hellrazer - so if a poster feels subjected to agressive posting, or feel as if other posters are trying to intimidate - what is your prefered way for the poster to deal with it?

Also as a mod, how do you distinguish between an over sensitive poster and a poster with a relevant complaint?

Discodog wrote: »
    I find that utterly remarkable. I must be well out of the loop as no one has EVER contacted me regarding posting here.

You must be.
    There is a lot of talk about cliques, groups etc. It might surprise people but rather than there being some cosy cabal of rescues, a lot of them do not even like each other !.
    I never mentiond rescues so maybe you do know more than you are letting on.
    Many of the posts/questions here do have actual answers that are accepted by the majority of animal lovers. So if someone asks they will get a number of similar replies & might assume that this is group bullying. The reality is that it is a number of individuals that share the same opinion.
    Theres something that I agree with.
    The way that something is said is often more relevant than what is said.
    Because if its said in the wrong tone then we end up with accusations of bullying regardless of the answer being right or wrong.
    In the Pug thread I was accused of being crap, a bully, arrogant, pathetic & a troll. I can more that fight my own corner but I think that this kind of aggression & language is wrong.

And not once did you hit the report button.If youre going to complain about being called names then please use the report button.
    I have asked Liah, my biggest accuser, to give some examples of where I have made any condescending comments on the Pug thread. I am still waiting.
    Weve agreed to move on with regards to that thread and try come to some consencus on how to get these issues sorted.
    I would also ask that Hellrazer replies to the questions that I raised in Post 99.

Done.
    As usual Seamus has offered a lot of common sense.
    Yep he has but hes said nothing different than what Ive been saying all along---Hes put it in an easier to understand manner.
    I think the "calm down" idea is good.
    How many times have I warned user on thread to calm down only for it to be ignored??
    If Chris (post 4) & Saaron (post 6) had been "cautioned" then the thread may of carried on fine.
    Again neither of these posts were reported.

I think that the forum has been much better recently & I feel that a lot of this is down to the way that Seamus Mods.
    Seamus is a bit calmer than me--I have to speak my mind but if I remember right you said the same thing about Starpants and she left because of this crap.
    I am happy to go along with anything that the mods implement

I fixed that for you--See my earlier post.
    The FAQ's could be fun as who decides if the advice in the threads is good.
    All users will be asked to contribute to the FAQs.
    Most of the Pug advice comments were pretty good.
    Yep they were-100% relevant.
    How the heck do you define lecturing ?.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lecture
    Especially the bit " to rebuke or reprimand at some length"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

i think that since this whole bullying thing has bein brought to the surface the group of people that did most of it have being visiting this forum less and less.which is a good thing and hopefully more and more people visit this forum now .i dont think people quite understand the role that the mods have here im sure they have alot more to do than just go through every post for indescrepencies. alot of it depents on us bringing them to their attention.keep up the good work mods .i think this form excelent when ya filter out the fools:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ok, my 2 cents here.Ive been reading this thread avidly for the last few days and as a very regular reader and regular(ish) poster in here this has been a wake up call for all of us tbh. I spotted the, lets call them "inappropriate" comments from some posters awhile back and it was driving me insane. We all love animals, thats a given, but we all have different standards and knowledge with regards to animal care and welfare. I include myself in this and have learned so much from this forum.

Dan d hit the nail on the head.
    dan_d wrote: »
    why can't people just say "here's the pros and here's the cons"

As an inane analogy itd be like me going to the Parenting Forum and asking "whats the correct temperature to have a babies bath?" Obvious for the regular posters over there and probably infuriating but i hope i dont get a lecture and/or condescending responses like here. I simply dont know!I still dont :p, anyhoo....

Anyone who comes on here should not be lectured,patronised or condescended for asking a question. "It is not a stupid question if you dont know the answer" is my motto! It is better for someone to not know and ask for help, then blindly do things without thinking of the consequences. It is frustrating for many of us who wonder why they cant spot the obvious and/or deal with animal cruelty on a daily basis.

Written text can always be taken out of context,thats why i always read back over what i write before i post.The term "bully" is a powerful term,but if a poster acts with a superior attitude and treats someone like they're inferior that is the basic definition of one.

Mods are doing a superb job,regular posters are now taking a look at their "style and tone of posting" and thats what im most pleased about.Remember posters are real people who will learn and do act on the info you give them...and hence benefits our pets.;)

Where should we give an opinion, where should we report.
    Id personally prefer if the user who felt uncomfortable reported it themselves.However if someone is out and out being offensive then feel free to report.
    Where do we discuss posting tone and is that reportable etc.
    I wouldnt consider it reportable unless it becomes so bad that other users feel uncomfortable in the thread.

@ Hellrazer - so if a poster feels subjected to agressive posting, or feel as if other posters are trying to intimidate - what is your prefered way for the poster to deal with it?
    Do what Ive been saying for years--Report it.Simple.

Also as a mod, how do you distinguish between an over sensitive poster and a poster with a relevant complaint?

Personally I`ll review the thread,see if there is and justification in stepping in and commenting.I`ll also base it on how many times a post is reported.So reporting posts is so important for these very reasons.

pokertalk wrote: »
    i think that since this whole bullying thing has bein brought to the surface the group of people that did most of it have being visiting this forum less and less.which is a good thing
    I find it sad that people are not posting for fear of being labelled a bully. Especially when that term has people who disagree it's appropiate. Including the forum mods.

I also can't understand why someone in one post, says he agrees that bullying is not going, then agrees with a post saying that it's a good thing people are turning away from the the forum in case they are called a bully.

I'm really confused as to where this whole thing stands to be honest. I'm getting very mixed signals.

I do agree that it is up to us posters to bring problems to the mods attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Discodog, what on earth are you talking about? What could you possibly think I have accused you of? :confused:

I am completely lost at this stage. Also, funnily enough, I've seen some contempt for my posting here drift to websites outside of boards! Clearly no bullying going on here.

I think I'm going to unsubscribe from this forum altogether, this is, frankly, disturbing.

quote I also can't understand why someone in one post, says he agrees that bullying is not going, then agrees with a post saying that it's a good thing people are turning away from the the forum in case they are called a bully.quote. who has said that??

I don't know about anyone else but I feel a bit like a driver who is not allowed to speed but can't have a speedometer. Personally I think that, for a while, it would be useful to know if a post has been reported or at least some on thread guidance. Then could we bring any discussion here ?.

Rather that driving experienced posters away this might offer some gentle guidance. I am pretty sure that many of them do not realise how others are perceiving their posts.

EDIT: Just for Liah's & Hellrazers clarification I categorically have not posted on any other forums in the last 6 months. I also do not use social networking - can't be arsed !. If either of you think that you are being subject to any "outside influence" it ain't me & yes I do resent the insinuation.

who has said that??

You said it's a good thing bullies are no longer posting. Hellrazer thanked it after earlier saying he does not believe there is any bullying going on. It's just confusing as to where he stands on the bullying issue.

Liah - what other sites? I'd be very interested to see because there are only a few posters posting here and none are showing you any contempt. Why are they not posting here? Can mods identify who these posters are and ban them from the forum? That sort of thing is not going to help anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

You said it's a good thing bullies are no longer posting. Hellrazer thanked it after earlier saying he does not believe there is any bullying going on. It's just confusing as to where he stands on the bullying issue.

Liah - what other sites? I'd be very interested to see because there are only a few posters posting here and none are showing you any contempt. Why are they not posting here? Can mods identify who these posters are and ban them from the forum?

Facebook and Formspring. The Formspring one is anonymous but it's pretty obvious the origins. I've not bothered replying to it so it's not public. Also not going to bother replying to the facebook one.

Absolutely childish behaviour. I may offend people but keep what happens here, here. I do. There's no reason to leak it beyond boards.

Liah - what other sites? I'd be very interested to see because there are only a few posters posting here and none are showing you any contempt. Why are they not posting here? Can mods identify who these posters are and ban them from the forum? That sort of thing is not going to help anyone.
    surely you also think the less bullys there are the more visitors there will be. no?this would be a good thing

liah wrote: »
    Formspring.

Never heard of it - off to take a look !

Edit Another facebook - can't be bothered to go past the first page.

Edit 2 Can't you copy & paste ?

You said it's a good thing bullies are no longer posting. Hellrazer thanked it after earlier saying he does not believe there is any bullying going on.
    I really should have quoted that post instead of thanking it.I meant to thank the fact that someone is acknowledging what we actually do here.Didnt mean to cause confusion.

Facebook and Formspring. The Formspring one is anonymous but it's pretty obvious the origins. I've not bothered replying to it so it's not public. Also not going to bother replying to the facebook one.

Absolutely childish behaviour. I may offend people but keep what happens here, here. I do. There's no reason to leak it beyond boards.
    :mad: Ridiculous - I would agree that that is bullying. Is everyone connected on FB or something? How do you know what is being said.

I've never heard of formspring. Is it another animal forum?
    surely you also think the less bullys there are the more visitors there will be. no?this would be a good thing
    Oh yes I do think so - but I don't think everyone who disagrees should be labelled a bully. Obviously in some cases and there are some bad apples evidently. But I think it's bad to loose any poster unless they are consistently causing problems.

Care to pm me the facebook page so I can compare it to the ones I have saved?Ive a feeling its the same one.

it only seems to be 3-4 posters that do it . it has calmed down alot in the past couple of week so its not as much of a problem now

Care to pm me the facebook page so I can compare it to the ones I have saved?Ive a feeling its the same one.

I feel very uncomfortable posting if people are going off to discuss the discussion elsewhere if you know what I mean.

Can you identify these posters? (not to us of course but so you know who they are here in the forum)

I'm disgusted that this is going on.

I feel very uncomfortable posting if people are going off to discuss the discussion elsewhere if you know what I mean.

Can you identify these posters? (not to us of course but so you know who they are here in the forum)

I'm disgusted that this is going on.
    dont get this probably me being slow:confused: but why would they go discuss it elsewhere

• Advertisement

I have no idea why, but apparently that is what is happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement