Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawaii's all-sports betting

Options
  • 04-10-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I have decided to make a thread so that I will be more disciplined and hopefully be more profitable:D. The bets will be rated on a points sysytem with 1 being the lowest and 3 being highest.

The main sports I will be betting on is darts and football but will pick the odd horse in here and there.

First bet will be a small treble in the darts for tonight at Citywest.

J Caven 8/13
    A Tabern 6/5
    R Baxter 5/4

works out at 7/1

Caven has been playing very good darts of late while his opponent Andy Smith has been in a bad run of form and with it being a double start I fancy Caven to take full advantage of Smith as he is consistent at double's.

Alan Tabern may be the underdo against Lewis but he has a great checkout rate on his doubles and is known for his 100+ checkouts. Has been playing top quality stuff lately and for me is the standout bet of the night maybe even tournament. Although Lewis can be majestic he is so inconsistent its just too hard to bet for him, but if Lewis shows up I expect a very close game but Tabern nick it with the double start.

Baxter is another player who has been in very good form lately although he was poor in the last event but his doubles have improved this year to make him a top 8 player and has been in the form of his life. Gary Anderson is still struggling to cope with the pressure as he is one of the best scorers in the game but with this being a double start, this should bode well for Baxter as Anderson is relatively poor on his doubles.

1pt returns 8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Caven and Baxter should have won missed vital darts, but the real Lewis turned up which was never going to be a winner unfortunately.

Well I have went for a treble of
    Shamrock Rovers 21/10
    St. Pats 8/13
    Sligo 1/2

Shamrock Rovers are unbeaten in 6 against Bohs. This is the biggest game of the season and Bohs have to win if they stand any chance of winning the league. Rovers will more than likely play counter-attacking football with Twigg upfront on his own and with his quality I think they will punish them on the break, as I think Bohs will find it hard to break them down lthough probably the hike in price is due to the absence of key defender Dan Murray for Rovers but I think they will have enough to win. Rovers fans will be out in full voice away to Bohs which will spur them on to victory

St. Pats are away to bottom team Drogheda who are more than likely down now and Pats are still chasing 3rd as it is the last european spot so they will still be out for the win.

Sligo are home to one of the in form teams in the league Bray.Bray have done remarkably well since Devlin took over but I expect them to lose to Sligo tonight as they are currently holding 3rd spot in the league and have a great record at home which I fully expect to continue.

1 pt win

Bank = -2pts

Shrewsbury 3/4
    QPR 4/6

Shrewsbury have been in flying form thus far this year in League 2 but are on a reasonably bad run at the moment but they face a side that are languishing down at the bottom and are missing striker Delroy Facey who is away on international duty while Shrewsbury welcome back Shane Cansdell-Sheriff after two games out so I think Shrewsbury will be too strong for Lincoln at home and should keep their unbeaten home record and hopefully add a win.

QPR are flying in the league with an unbeaten home record and surprisingly no goals conceded at home with 12 scored in 5 games although one game ended in a 0-0 draw whereas Norwich have a reasonably good away record with 3W 1D 1L. there is no new injury worries for Qpr so I fancy them to keep their winning ways going with a good win.

3pt double

I am also backing Mainz against Hamburg at 6/5 which is a huge price considering Mainz' 100% start to the campaign against a struggling Hamburg side who have won 1 in their last 5 games. Mainz have also beaten the big teams in the league so I fancy them to continue their unexpected start to the season.

2pt win at 6/5

Just the one bet for tonight and that is Nilmar to score anytime at 17/10. He has been very good thus far and if Villareal are to win he will be involved in the goal/s.

1pt

A treble of:
    Real Marid 8/13
    Roma 4/7
    Arsenal 8/13

Real Madrid have been very good this season at home and I fully expect them to continue this against a good AC Milan team tomorrow night. They travel ok but I expect Real to be too strong for them as Mourinho has cut out their biggest weakness which was conceding goals. He also knows Milan very well from his days as Inter boss and I expect him to get one them.

Roma are very good at home too as they are unbeaten at home in the league and in Champions League this so far. I expect them to beat Basel who are poor on the road and have lost both matches in their group so far and I'm expecting a thrd defeat here.

Arsenal have started their Champions League campaign on fire while Shaktar have started off very well themselves, I feel it will be too much for them to go to the Emirates and take something from especially since Fabregas is in contention to play.

2pt

Current Bank = -10
    :o

This weeks football bet is a double of
    Brighton 1/2
    Burnley 1/1

Brighton have been in top form and currently sit top of league 1 where they are home to Yeovil and should continue their great home record as they should be full of confidence after hammering Charlton 4-0 last week as they have defender Greer back in defence who helped keep a clean sheet last week whereas Yeovil lost at home to Sheff Wed and I expect them to add another away defeat here.

Burnley have improved recently again as they currently sit 4th thanks to their remarkable home record of 5W 1D 0L and I expect them to extend this to 6W as Reading have been struggling of late and Burnley welcome back Danny Fox who is a top defender.
    Reading may have Howard back but I think Burnley have been playing very well of late and if they keep it should win this comfortably although Reading did beat them last in the FA cup, hopefully it does not happen again.

3pts

Bank now at -13pts

Didn't expect that performance by Reading, this is the last week I'm will be doing multiple bets as it's always one team that's out:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This week it's a treble of
    Huddersfield 4/9
    Dundee Utd 23/20
    Shrewsbury 8/15

The reason I'm backin Dundee is the fact they have a good home record although they have lost their last 3 games, 2 of them were away to an improving side in MOtherwell who have been going stronly and sit third in the league while the other was at home to Celtic who are streets ahead. HIbernian have been struggling of late and although they might get a lift from a new manager, i don't think it will be enough as they have disastrous thus far and after a mauling last week I can't see them beating Dundee Utd this week.

Huddersfield have been in good form of late with 2 good wins over Colchester and Southampton and although they lost last week to Plymouth I fully expect them to beat Walsall who took an absolute hammering to struggling Tranmere and I don't expect them to win especially with captain Darren Byfield out while Huddersfield welcome back Damien Johnson who was ineligible last week.

Shrewsbury have been in poor form but will want to win this to get their promotion place back on track and with Harrold and Raven included in the starting 11 I think they will have enough to overcome Barnet who are missing Kabba and Mcleod which will probably be too much a task without these two star performers although confidence will be high after last weeks win over Macclesfield I think Shrewsbury have too much for them.

3 pts win

• Advertisement

I have also gone for Get Me Out of Here at 2/1 at 4:15 at Ascot today as I feel he has a great chance to win with the ever-reliant Tony McCoy on board and with the ground rated as Good I feel this will be another win for him. "m is where he is at his best so I think he is the rightful favourite.
    McCoy has also said it's his best chance of a win this weekend so I have to back him.

3 pts win

13.5 points won, good to get the monkey of my back:D:D

This week’s bet is a double:
    Bury 5/6
    Brighton 8/15

Bury play host to Bradford and although Bradford had a great win at the weekend, they struggle on the road whereas Bury have a relatively good home record and are missing Bishop who has been missing for the last 7 games. Bradford will more than likely be missing striker James Hanson who was sent off at the weekend. Both sides ended up against 9-men but Bradford where already cruising whereas Bury played and dominated after the first sending off. I see this as a chance for Bury to make their mark as automatic promotion contenders and I think Ryan Lowe will fire them to a win, as he surprisingly didn’t score any of the 3 goals at the weekend.

Brighton will be full of confidence after their stunning win away to high-flying Peterborough with a 3-0 crushing and now they play struggling Exeter who had a disappointing 4-2 home defeat to Brentford who previously had only 1 away win domestically. Inigo Calderon has been passed fit whereas Sparrow faces a late fitness but I expect Brighton to win as they play attractive football and will be able to break Exeter down who also miss strikers Nardiello and O’Flynn, but Cureton will be full of confidence after his double at the weekend but I don’t expect him to see much of the ball as he will more than likely be the lone striker.

3 pts win

Bank = -5.5pts

A few bets this sunday are the following:

I am going for a treble in the darts:
    Newton 1/2
    Baxter 4/7
    Lewis 1/3

Newton has been in terrific form as of late winning two players championships last weekend and is finally starting to get to grips with the television surroundings and I am expecting to continue his rich vein of form against Ted Hankey. I feel as Hankey will struggle once again in this tournament just as he did last year as he can't deal with the loud atmosphere's especially when they are booing him so I expect Newton to be well worthy of the win here.

Baxter has been back to his best this year and although he is playing a very good player on his day in Steve Beaton, I feel Baxter will have too much class for Beaton to deal with especially if he has been hitting his doubles like in recent times excluding the game against Gary Anderson in the Grand Prix in Dublin.

In my opinion Lewis probably has the toughest game of the day as he faces a very good player in Martin Phillips who has been in some good form this year but if Lewis produces anywhere near to his ability I expect a whitewash as Lewis is a class act on his day and I think the win over Taylor in Ireland will have inspired a lot of confidence and belief that he can go on to win a major in the not too distant future. Martin Phillips has been in good form his self after losing 6-4 to eventual winner Adams in the semi-final. Lewis should win comfortably if he shows up.

1pt win

2:20 - Cheltenham - Orsippus - 50/1

I feel this horse has a very good chance of placing if not winning as it was placed 3rd behind Sanctuaire in Cheltenham before it then went to beat Sanctuaire in Aintree in the next race along with Olofi, Astracad and Bothy albeit in Aintree but the conditions were Good to Soft that day just like they were in Cheltenham. Orsippus also beat Barizan in this race. It came 4th on its next start, which was a good 15L behind Barizan, but the ground was Good to Firm that day. It has had a run out at Cheltenham a few weeks ago where is was carrying 11-6 but its back down to carrying 11-0 whereas the conditions where Good to Firm that day and now they are Good to Soft and I expect this horse to hopefully be in the place money with these conditions.
    A big concern is that Sam Thomas has never ridden this horse but hopefully he will get to grips with the horse and win it as he is a very good jockey.

1pt e/w

1:45 – Cheltenham – Forpadydeplasterer – 11/8

This is probably one of my favourite horses and I am again backing him (nearly a ritual by now) to hopefully win and not come 2nd again for the 7th time in a row. I think the drop in weights to 11-0 will suit this horse and will hopefully give it the edge going up the Cheltenham hill. It has come up against and beaten Gauvain, Oh Crick and Mahogany Blaze. The ever-reliable B J Geraghty is on board and he was also on board the last time Forpadydeplasterer won and 2nd three times in the last 4 outings he has ridden him. One of the wins was the last time Geraghty had ridden him in Cheltenham which again will hopefully be the case today. There is not much else to say about him but he will go close anyway and I’m hoping he finally gets another win his consistency deserves.

3 pts win

6 pts staked

Bank = -14.5 pts

• Advertisement
Advertisement