Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclocross race this Saturday in Swords

• 04-10-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Should be a good one. This is the first of four rounds all based in Dublin. You can sign-on online now for it. Directions and race info in the link below. Hope to see lots of the Tuesday night people out giving this a go.... best 3 of the 4 rounds count towards the cup standings.

http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross/news.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Is there anything/race organised for the chisellers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Excellent, will hopefully be coming with the family to watch this one.

Which brand of beer do you want thrown over you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    Which brand of beer do you want thrown over you?

Anything Belgian or German.

Raam wrote: »

Wait, maybe Skol. Not seen this one posted before...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

bcmf wrote: »
    Is there anything/race organised for the chisellers?

We are not running youth races this year due to very poor or no turnout in previous years. We're not running support MTB events for the same reason. Do bring the kids though as it will be great to watch. Hopefully with cycling Ireland's sproket rocket campaign we might have some more interest next year.

• Advertisement

mtbireland wrote: »
    We are not running youth races this year due to very poor or no turnout in previous years. We're not running support MTB events for the same reason. Do bring the kids though as it will be great to watch. Hopefully with cycling Ireland's sproket rocket campaign we might have some more interest next year.
    No prob. But if I do bring my youngest he WILL want to ride at least 1 circuit even if he is on his own

No prob. But if I do bring my youngest he WILL want to ride at least 1 circuit even if he is on his own

Grand so, he can pace me. I will not be fast.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Going by that youtube clip it looks to be the rugby verison of cycling!!

I might head along to watch too, sporting my new fuguhelm :rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

Here's a good video from one of the rounds in 2008.... This one was in St. Anne's Park in Raheny.

http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross/comment.php?comment.news.4

• Advertisement

Grand so, he can pace me. I will not be fast.

be warned he is fast, has a big kick. Is a skinny as you and loves the hills as much as the flat and does not possess 1 ounce of fear.

mmmmm......Not a single trait that his Da possess's!!! (had to get in before someone did)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

See you all there. New course bodes well for the northsiders!

looks like Lidl are getting into the cyclocross mood. They are now selling LEFFE and HoeGarden.

looks like Lidl are getting into the cyclocross mood. They are now selling LEFFE and HoeGarden.

I am proceeding on foot, repeat, I am proceeding on foot.

soithascometothis3.png

*walks across road to Lidl*

I'll do some research

I opted for their version of wiessbier. I will take a tester later in the week

I can confirm the presence of Leffe

I shall confirm its taste later

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

billy.fish wrote: »
    I can confirm the presence of Leffe

I shall confirm its taste later

Was it present in amounts detectable in common labs or the variety only detected in Cologne?

And does it go well with meat?

Goes well with home made egg fried rice with chicken...i'll tell you that much

Advertisement