Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Phoenix Park safe for rollerblading during the evenings?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently started rollerblading again...after about 10 years. :o It's great! A lot of fun and a great way to keep fit. So far, I've just been skating around local industrial estates and other places with long, smooth paths. I'm fairly confident that I won't fall on my snot now, so am ready for more public places. At least I hope so! I was wondering if anyone knows if the Phoenix Park is safe during the evenings? I haven't been there in the evenings for years. What's the street-lighting like? Are the paths in decent condition? Does anyone else rollerblade up there? I'd imagine it would be busy enough along Chesterfield Avenue? I'm afraid I'd run into junkies, perverts, scumbags, rent-boys etc. It'd probably be grand, but I'd like a bit of feedback please. Maybe someone can suggest somewhere else around Dublin that's good for skating? Preferably not a skate park, I think I'm a bit old for that. :P

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'd avoid parks in the evenings, especially now that it's getting darker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Thanks for the reply. I was up there one evening last week, it's definitely dodgy if you're alone. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 papay25

Myself and few house mates we go there around 6pm for a run -and it's good :)
    Few time went there at 9pm with a girlfriend for a walk and wasn't too bad. But if You are on Your own it might be a bit creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Not sure where abouts your located but great tarmac area from clontarf to sutton. Would be a nice distance

Advertisement