Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy diet

Options
  • 04-10-2010 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey Everyone,

22 weeks pregnant already, it's flying in cant believe it!

Have been eating quite badly for past while, have serious junk food addiction, so want to get it sorted out now before it's too late!

Whats everyone eating? I've started having porridge with sultanas for brekkie with a glass of orange juice, then a banana and apple mid morning. It's lunchtimes where I fall down. I get so hungry i end up getting a huge baquette from centra with crisps, a coke and then choclate to snak on in afternoon. Evenings are ok, as my appetite is nearly gone from the afternoon! Usually have a steak and salad or chicken/fish and veggies etc and no snacking as I'm so full.

I need help! What can I have for lunch that is really filling (ie not a salad) but healthy too!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love fruit salads, I do seedless grapes, pineapple chunks and some manderines in a bowl with a yoghurt poured over it.. Lovely :) I'd have that every second day or so.. Other than that I've been just eating as normal tbh.. I have weetabix in the morning, then a sandwich for my lunch and my dinner choices vary..

I've had a serious turn off all frozen food since I've been preggers :(, the thought of it makes me feel sick for some strange reason, so it's usually a piece of chicken or fish with some veg, or the odd night I'd be too tired and just have cereal..

I think once you're taking your pregnancy vitamins and plenty of water then you'll be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

It doesn't sound all that bad to me, your breaky and dinners seem very healthy and complete.
    Maybe make yourself your own sandwich, nice wholegrain bun with whatever you like in, lots of lettuce, tomatoes... this way you can control what you put in and in what amount (ie butter, mayo etc. which they tend to lash on in the deli), plus you will not have the temptation of the side of crisps, chocolate, coke... Swap the coke for a veg juice or fruit juice, or better drink water it will help fill you up for longer too. Swap crisp and choco for some unsalted nuts maybe, rice cakes with cheese or something like that for snacks? For a change from sandwich, soups are really filling for lunch and easy to make too.
    I found myself that I was only eating junk food when I was due to do the grocery, if you have good stuff in the house and bring it with you to work, it is much easier to stay away from temptation when your stomach is shouting at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭ChillyJilly

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I like the idea of bringing in my own lunch, really should have been doing this all along but I like the extra 10 mins in bed too much! Will start making it night before, probably a better idea!

Yesterday was so good all day! Got a bap made up with scraping of mayo (i was watching her closely!) turkey slices and loads of lettuce peppers tomatoe and cucumber. Had a yummy tropicana juice with it. Also went to fruit and veg shop on my lunch break and bought loads of fruit, which I snacked on yesterday and made into a fruit salad for today (and tommorrow, there's loads of it!)

Dinner was waiting for me when I got in, hubby is too good sometimes! Salmon baked potatoe and salad. Was stuffed.

Had a great night's sleep last night so skipping the coke and junk food obviously paid off!

Advertisement