Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing in Cork

Options
  • 04-10-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey,

I am moving to cork next september to go to college. I usually surf in strandhill. Just wondering what surf breaks are there near the IT in Cork and how far of a journey is it to travel?

Fergal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bof

You can get the No 19 bus to the Lough. Deadly reef there. Works well in a SW wind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Garretstown or Inchydoney would be your best bet from the west side of the city. Neither is very good consistently but can work well enough on occasion. About 45-60 mins from the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

The one thing you need to realize, about surfing in Cork is. The surfing is pretty inconsistant, compared to the West:(
    You may be able to go surfing almost every day, in StrandHill.
    But here in Cork, you will have to do something else, when there's no swell.
    I do a little cycling myself:)

If that dosen't suit. Perhaps take up drinking and chasing women:D
    Or heaven forbid, do a little studying:eek:

Or else you will go Madddddddddd.......

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

Thanks guys,

Ya in the west here we always have about 2-3 days a week where the wind is off shore and the swell is about 2-4ft.

Guess I'll have to team up with some other die-hard surfers and make a few trips to Lahinch or some other west facing beach at the weekends.

Advertisement