Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russell Brand Radio Show - Talksport

• 04-10-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

He's back.

From - Digitalspy
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a279719/russell-brand-to-host-talksport-show.html

Back this Saturday - Oct 9th

Russell Brand has agreed to host a new weekend radio show on TalkSport, marking his return to the airwaves after the Manuelgate affair at the BBC.

The Saturday night show will feature clips and backstage recordings from Brand's current UK tour, starting with last night's performance at London's Hackney Empire.

During the 20-week run, Brand will also be joined by a series of guests including Noel Gallgher and Jonathan Ross.

The show, which will be produced by former Radio 2 controller Lesley Douglas, is expected to start later this month, with an "uncut" version being made available to download from the TalkSport website.

This will mark Brand's first regular radio show since the notorious Radio 2 broadcast on October 18 last year, when he and Ross left rude messages on the answering machine of Andrew Sachs.

The ensuing controversy led to Douglas and Brand leaving the BBC, and Ross taking a three-month unpaid suspension.

Douglas, who is now Universal Music UK director of programming and business development, is understood to have played an integral role in bringing Brand to TalkSport, after she helped launch his radio career at the BBC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I heard him today in an interview on R5Live.

How anyone can take that chancer seriously I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

It must be a brit thing, why does anyone like that fool.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sids Not wrote: »
    It must be a brit thing, why does anyone like that fool.....:rolleyes:

Perhaps because he is a very funny guy, not to mention intelligent and sharp.

He is completely up his own ass thought, but that kind of adds to his charm.

I used to download his podcasts before Jonathon Ross and Manuel intervened. Brilliant stuff and really looking forward to his re-launch.

Might help to show that there is more to Brand than meets the eye...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/9053238.stm

greendom wrote: »

I used to download his podcasts before Jonathon Ross and Manuel intervened. Brilliant stuff and really looking forward to his re-launch.

Absolute brass necked idiot.

• Advertisement

Absolute brass necked idiot.

You need to dig below the media hype - the guy is witty and clever

You need to dig below the media hype - the guy is witty and clever

I accept your opinion, however I heard him on BBC5live yesterday and I will hold on to my opinion.

Maybe he can 'pull one over' the masses who like that kind of thing, and yes, he is very intelligent and clever, but his like and cohorts will never impress the more discerning listener,and I include myself in that coterie.

I accept your opinion, however I heard him on BBC5live yesterday and I will hold on to my opinion.

Maybe he can 'pull one over' the masses who like that kind of thing, and yes, he is very intelligent and clever, but his like and cohorts will never impress the more discerning listener,and I include myself in that coterie.

So he's intelligent and clever, you now accept he's not an idiot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I like the guy. He's an odd sort of a character alright. Fareplay to him for doing so well in the US.

So he's intelligent and clever, you now accept he's not an idiot ?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

One of the funniest bastards when at his peak on BBC radio.
    Irish radio can only dream, as our equivalent is YA-Hooing Hector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A man who is categorically more likeable than he lets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/russell-brand/blog/2010-10-09/russell-brand-radio-show-uncut-part-1

First part of the podcast is up now. It's a similar format to the old BBC show but only in front of an audience and with more swearing. Legit delighted to hear Matt Morgan's voice in my ears again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

oh god

orourkeda wrote: »
    oh god

???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

orourkeda wrote: »
    oh god
    I can only assume this was an attempt at a dismissive and belittling response to what was in my opinion a valid comment. I would suggest you download and listen to any Russell Brand Radio Show episode. I personally have yet to find a more witty, intelligent and thoroughly enjoyable host in any medium.

I can only assume this was an attempt at a dismissive and belittling response to what was in my opinion a valid comment. I would suggest you download and listen to any Russell Brand Radio Show episode. I personally have yet to find a more witty, intelligent and thoroughly enjoyable host in any medium.

I'll give that a miss if you don't mind, I have to sterilise and clean out the cat's litter tray this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I listened to his latest podcast on itunes it just wasnt that
    funny.He had Noel gallagher on.Like a lot of comedians go to
    America and just and lose the edge

Advertisement