Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make your own carbonation drops with a mini ice cube tray

Options
  • 04-10-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I came up with an idea to make my own antacid tablets. I got baking soda -sodium bicarbonate, and made it into a paste and spread it into a tray for making mini ice cubes. I then left it to dry out for a few days. Now I turned it over and out pop little hard cubes of baking soda which can be popped like pills. I now get ~1400 tablets for the price of 24!

The same trick should work for carbonation drops, get some dry spray malt and pour a little hot water in to make a paste and pour them in the tray. It could be left in a hot press or oven on a low heat to dry them out quicker. They might be slower to dissolve than the proper drops though.

I would not bother with these drops myself, I would sooner syphon off all the beer and add all the required sugar to the bulk of it and then bottle.

I got my tray on ebay, lots available just search for -mini ice tray

Advertisement