Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Router needed

• 04-10-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

I've been using my old netopia router instead of the Zyxel router due to its incredible crappiness.
    Looking to buy my own router to use with 24mb (LOL) eircom line.
    Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

On 24 meg with Eircom here too, i'm 100m from exchange, attenuation downstream is only 2dB, and i still had huge problems with daily disconnects on the Zyxel supplied from Eircom.

Also i use Sky player a lot, when was using it with Zyxel, could not surf or anything else when Sky player was running, the Zyxel cannot manage a lot of simultaneous connections.

Picked up a Cisco/Linksys WAG120 in PC world 2 weeks ago, no problems at all since, not 1 disconnect, sync's at 24,572kbps always, Zyxel was syncing all over the place every time you restarted it! Even the Eircom support guy told me that the Zyxel could not cope with the 24 meg connection. Now sky player running and torrents downloading at the same time, no disconnects, and no problems surfing the web at the same time.

If you are looking for a good ADSL2 router i would highly recommend the Linksys. I get steady 2.6Meg/s on downloads etc, speedtests are always over 20megabits/s downstream, so i am getting the full whack, however i am on a brand new line right next to the exchange.

Hope my experience helps.

Advertisement