Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on Shipping Company Ireland to Australia

Options
  • 04-10-2010 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Guys

I will be moving to Melbourne in a while and was wondering if anyone has used any company to ship things from Ireland to Australia . Nothing overly big computer is about the biggest thing. Just don’t want to have to start building up things again in Melbourne that I have here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Moosey2Loosey

Would you believe that I'm having 4 boxes and a computer collected tomorrow night for shipping to Melbourne! I'm in Dublin. I'm using a company called shippingpersonaleffects.com. Sorry, I'm not sure how to make that a link. they are based in Navan. I'm dealing with a fella called Paul Regan. The number is 1890722722. He delivered boxes, bubble wrap,tape etc... and all the forms I needed. He's been very helpful. It's going to take 3 months for us to get our gear but like you say we'll start building again over there. I did alot of ringing around and their prices are good too. Any other questions let me know ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Give sevenseas world wide a go too. You can get an accurate quote off their website in minutes.

I have used them twice now and they have been very good. They tried to charge me late fees the first time which they were entitled to do but i told them to shove their fees which they duely did.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

i asked the same question last week and was told Transglobal Express were very good but havent used them yet.
    3 months sounds a bit long!
    the guy who told me bout them said it took 1 week to ship 2 boxes totaling 45 kilo for 130 pounds from derry

Advertisement