Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City & Guilds in Photography WIT.

• 04-10-2010 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Anyone out there interested in this course?
    Only six people have applied this year to do it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Anyone out there interested in this course?
    Only six people have applied this year to do it!

I would. Can you pm me the details and costs associated with it please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

I have applied to do this course but they don't
    have enough numbers to run it so hopefully by Friday!

You'll have to contact the WIT on...

Contact WIT Adult Education Office

Telephone (051) 302040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Rather learn photography my own way which I have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

I have applied to do this course but they don't
    have enough numbers to run it so hopefully by Friday!

You'll have to contact the WIT on...

Contact WIT Adult Education Office

Telephone (051) 302040

650 euro plus 150 euro reg with city & guilds i beleive i will stay with ken on this one.

C.I.T. run a similar course , but alas that was also under subscribed@300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Is this a night class or a full time day class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Hi OP,
    would love to do a photography course myself BUT all the photography courses I am interested in doing are all on Monday nights which doesn't suit me. Any other night would be fine.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the WIT Adult Education are poor at keeping students informed about courses they have signed up for?
    A simple email would do especially since it is Oct now and you would kind of think you would have heard from them by now.

I paid online to do a night course in early sept and up until I sent an email yesterday I hadnt heard from them to let me know if the course would go ahead or not. They replied to me today to say that numbers are low and they have extended the application deadline and they will be in touch next week. This happened to me last year also and I had to make contact with them to find out. Unfortunately last year the course I wanted to do was cancelled due to poor numbers. Nobody in waterford wanted to learn french last year except for me apparently :D

- BFG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, no contact, then I had to chase up getting my money back, haven't bothered since.

Almost giving me an idea to start running classes for people. ;)

kensutz you should you know and as long as it's not on a monday night I would be very interested :-)

I'll gauge interest and see what happens. I know a few other people are asking me to help them out with their photography.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, no contact, then I had to chase up getting my money back, haven't bothered since.
    I didnt have any bother getting my money back, it was just the non contact especially since they had my email address it would have costed them nothing to keep me informed. Anyhow, it is not a major thing but would be something nice for them to do and be more customer focused.

kensutz wrote: »
    I'll gauge interest and see what happens. I know a few other people are asking me to help them out with their photography.
    Cool, well keep me in mind if you decide to do something. Might know another guy who would be interested in doing a photography course also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Cool, well keep me in mind if you decide to do something. Might know another guy who would be interested in doing a photography course also.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

I would be interested as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm interested too, but €650 + €150 reg is a bit much in this economy to pay for City & Guilds course :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

kensutz wrote: »
    Rather learn photography my own way which I have done.
    Great website Ken and some super pics. How did you get started and did you get any lessons or just all self taught.

Taught myself. All my own doing really from constant practice to pure cheek. ;)

Advertisement