Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Union PROTECTS Scammers

Options
  • 04-10-2010 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

i got scammed and it is impossible for me to get through western union system, it seems like they protect the scammer instead to give me help, they help him to hide... tell me if there is anyone who knows hot to deal with this kind of problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Try posting in the Consumer Issues section as this is not a Bargain Alert....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a Bargain Alert.

Moved to 'Online Buying & Auctions', although 'Consumer Issues' may have been more apt.

Whatcha mean "impossible"? What exactly have you done - rang them / e-mailed etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Using Western Union is pretty much like handing over cash. If you gave money to someone using WU, then it is gone. It's your own fault for using WU to send money to someone you don't know.

Western Union doesn't protect scammers, but it is a favourite tool of scammers because it's completely insecure, with no way for the sender to ever get their money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

what is it you expect Western Union to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cristian9108

i just expect them to give me the informations i am asking for and they are withholding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

what information are you expecting them to give? you already have the name and address of the person you sent it to right?

They have no more information that what you already have, so there's nothing else to get. If they do hold additional information on the recipient, then it would be illegal to give that to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Does anyone actually use Western Union for a commercial purpose and do so legitimitly? I dont think so.

I have seen it offered on 1 legitimate site, but just 1, and it was alongside credit cards, Paypal, etc. The vast majority of businesses wouldn't use it. Anyone that requests WU payment, or has no alternates to WU, should be avoided as a scammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i buy medicine from a site that only accepts WU and they never let me down (at a fraction of doc visit and irish prices )

it just comes down to whether you trust the reciever to send tthe goods after he gets the money

dont send it to soneone you dont trust or werent recommended to

if they rob you theres nothing you can do about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement