Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Village on Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

How people get so worked up over a Saturday evening radio show is beyond me. She's probably got more people listening just to wind themselves up than genuine listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Swan Curry wrote: »
    How people get so worked up over a Saturday evening radio show is beyond me. She's probably got more people listening just to wind themselves up than genuine listeners.

They forget it's just her opinion as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Swan Curry wrote: »

I genuinely thought it was satire up until recently, still not fully convinced it's not....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just listening to her now, she doesn't half go on, yap yap yap yap

imagine being married to her

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

fryup wrote: »

She'd get the sack if she said nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

To be fair it is talk radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

She can't get married, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I have a penis, i'm safe !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She'd get the sack if she said nothing.

A Mark Twain quote springs to mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Had the unfortunate opportunity to hear a small portion of tonight's show. It now appears that mothers of young children have now been added to Dil's list of the downtrodden and discriminated in Irish society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Everyone's a victim it seems listening to that drivel on a Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Everyone's a victim it seems listening to that drivel on a Saturday evening.

It would appear that Dil would count herself a victim at every turn. Since she's become a parent, she now seems to be experiencing some sort of nebulous victimhood in that quarter as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

When someone else (can't remember who) was presenting Victim Global Village it was almost listenable. I can't put my finger on exactly why but I can't stick more than about 30 seconds of her. It's a horrendous time for radio I've discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

The intro music is horrific.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

She makes a nice profit at a dead timeslot.
    She gets thousands of texts a week telling her that she is a boring PC whinger

It must be a really dead timeslot. I only know about it because it happens to be a time when I'm in the car driving. As long as she works cheap, they're not going to be too worried about her ratings. It probably ticks a box in their broadcasting remit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

emo72 wrote: »
    The intro music is horrific.
    No the show is horrific. Can take the music. Ha

kidneyfan wrote: »
    She makes a nice profit at a dead timeslot.
    She gets thousands of texts a week telling her that she is a boring PC whinger
    Thats because she is a boring pc whinger. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It must be a really dead timeslot. I only know about it because it happens to be a time when I'm in the car driving. As long as she works cheap, they're not going to be too worried about her ratings. It probably ticks a box in their broadcasting remit too.

Are you advocating "slave labour"?

Do I need to consult my lawyer before I give an answer?

• Advertisement

At the last radio count. Her listeners totalled 23 thousand. Sorry 23 individuals . 52

At the last radio count. Her listeners totalled 23 thousand. Sorry 23 individuals . Oh no. Now that will be the topic for the next sermon. " that dill is a slave ".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Can't tell you how much this woman makes my ears bleed. She's a lesbian you know? She rarely mentions it!

Gosh, I had no idea!

Can't tell you how much this woman makes my ears bleed. She's a lesbian you know? She rarely mentions it!
    Are you serious. Really. I would have never known. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

At the last radio count. Her listeners totalled 23 thousand. Sorry 23 individuals . Oh no. Now that will be the topic for the next sermon. " that dill is a slave ".

I can't really tell if you're taking the piss with the 23,000 figure or not.

If she's pulling that many listeners in on a Saturday evening on NT, fair play. She'd be beating 2FM's weekday evening output.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I can't really tell if you're taking the piss with the 23,000 figure or not.

If she's pulling that many listeners in on a Saturday evening on NT, fair play. She'd be beating 2FM's weekday evening output.
    I was joking. Do you really think that amount of people would listen to her pontificating and pc agenda . I would say maybe she has 89 listeners.

There doesn't seem to be any listenership figures as far as I can see. She talks in terms of percentages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

The one thing I dont understand about this wan, is that she left Sri Lanka and her family because they wouldnt accept that she was gay. So she moves to Ireland, one of the most liberal countries in the world where she can marry her female partner and have a child. Ireland affords her these liberties and all she ever does is give out about the place.

And I dont get this whole narrative about her, how she is brave and a champion of rights of the minorities. Surely if she was such, she would have stayed in Sri Lanka and fought for her rights there, instead of moving to a country where the "rules" most suited with her personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

And I dont get this whole narrative about her, how she is brave and a champion of rights of the minorities. Surely if she was such, she would have stayed in Sri Lanka and fought for her rights there, instead of moving to a country where the "rules" most suited with her personally.

If she happens to follow boards ..... you ve just given her fodder for her next 6 shows! You racist homophobe you! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement