Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Village on Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thanks. She is obviously one then. Seeing as she had to take the baby on tv3 show and feed it on live TV. Couldn't express milk and give it to her partner to feed said baby. Don't know how my kids survived. Waiting with a soother in their little mouths while I made up their bottles. Often had to wait at least 20 minutes. Oh what a bad mother I was.

She wouldn't approve of soothers she would consider them as a tool of oppression silencing people with no voice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

How many listen to this show? With all the chopping and changing in schedules you imagine it is lucky to survive. Maybe dennis o'brien and his legal runners are scared of what happens if they chop it. So it's left there. In perpetuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

How many listen to this show? With all the chopping and changing in schedules you imagine it is lucky to survive. Maybe dennis o'brien and his legal runners are scared of what happens if they chop it. So it's left there. In perpetuity.

TBH I reckon it's more of a case of "Meh, it ticks a box for minority special interest programming and is (probably) a very cheap show to produce." more than anything else. Show fills a slot on a Saturday evening and targets an audience that, to my knowledge, no other station targets. Win win win for DOB and NT really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thanks. She is obviously one then. Seeing as she had to take the baby on tv3 show and feed it on live TV. Couldn't express milk and give it to her partner to feed said baby. Don't know how my kids survived. Waiting with a soother in their little mouths while I made up their bottles. Often had to wait at least 20 minutes. Oh what a bad mother I was.

She wouldn't approve of soothers she would consider them as tool of oppression silencing people with no voice
    Thats the funniest post I have ever read. Still laughing.. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just turned on newstalk to hear dill. Within 3 minutes she had said "me " 3 times. So have turned it off. I have never heard anyone speaking so fast on my life. So can only assume she is speaking through a different orifice than I would use myself. In my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Just heard the advert on newstalk. I'm triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps George could provide cover while she's on leave so to speak :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

that would be priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ratings would surge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I hear that her two listeners are organising a petition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

She was questioning vaccines on her twitter account a couple of weeks back

zoobizoo wrote: »

Was she? No doubt that fact will be buried and never discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Dils show is dreadful, even if you share a lot of her views its hard to listen to.

I get the idea that it would have been difficult for Newstalk to get rid of her without attracting bad publicity.

Hopefully they will accept and respect her decision not to do her show, and use the opportunity to get rid of her altogether.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

scotchy wrote: »
    Dils show is dreadful, even if you share a lot of her views its hard to listen to.

I get the idea that it would have been difficult for Newstalk to get rid of her without attracting bad publicity.

Hopefully they will accept and respect her decision not to do her show, and use the opportunity to get rid of her altogether.

She says she has major problems with Newstalk so presumably best thing now would be for them to part ways. They should respectfully note her ideas and views going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tried listening to her show the odd time, it was tough.

Poor presenter and she would be no loss to the station.

*in no way are my views based on her gender or race, I just think she's hard to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Jazlynn Savory Velour

Actually what are her JNLR Results like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I honeslty think 2 hrs of dead air might attract more listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

So not a full resignation then, just a stunt to publicise a bit of virtue signalling.

Ah Jaysus, Hook has been suspended so looks like the "liberal agenda" will continue !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Give Dil Georges slot.

Its only fair.

:)

bot43 wrote: »
    Give Dil Georges slot.

Its only fair.

yes and Dil is all about fairness. I remember Hook being on the programme a god while back and she all but climbed up inside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

bot43 wrote: »
    Give Dil Georges slot.

Its only fair.

I think newstalk might want to keep listers to a prime time slot in the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

NIMAN wrote: »

*in no way are my views based on her gender or race, I just think she's hard to listen to.

Its a sad, sad state of affairs when you felt you had the put in the bit in bold.

And it actually says an awful lot about the current Hook debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Was she? No doubt that fact will be buried and never discussed.
    zoobizoo wrote: »

If you are correct (and let me be clear I make no aspersions on your characters by stating that - can't be too careful these days) then I'm amazed she hasn't been taken to task about it by the 'media' who took George to task about the same topic.

*Just checked her Twitter feed and she does question if the antivax movement has some truth in it.......

*To be clear I have no problem with her raising a legitimate concern of parents, but its quite clearly double standards they didn't go after her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

NIMAN wrote: »

it's about her sexuality though, isn't it?!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Is there some sort of stink we could kick up on social media to get her taken off the program permanently? Seeing as that appears to be the way to get results these days.

Sounds like Ciaran Cuddihy?

Guest: "There's nothing more personal than a letter. Email is so impersonal, there is no feeling behind it. But a letter is written especially for you".
    Ciaran: "And how can people contact you if they want to find out more".
    Guest: "They can contact me on my email address...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement